US Elections (& Politics) :)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
North Carolina Man Arrested For Shooting at Crowd of Trump Supporters, Which Included Children

Marquise Damarius Asomani of Charlotte, North Carolina was arrested on Tuesday for shooting at a crowd of Trump supporters gathered on an interstate overpass Monday evening.

The crowd, which included children were gathered on the Sutton Road overpass in Fort Mill, South Carolina waving flags when 23-year-old Asomani drove by, stuck his arm out the window and opened fire on the group.

Reaction score
Yahoo managed to catch her in an unflattering facial expression for their article's still picture.
Edit: Right after I posted this they changed it.
They must have gotten the message to not go after her too, or they read your post!

CNN and MSNBC both characterized her speech as she believed what she was saying but that it was false.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Only the best people:

Conservative activist Mary Ann Mendoza was pulled from the Republican National Convention’s Tuesday speaker lineup just hours before she was supposed to speak, after she retweeted and recommended an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory to her 41,000 Twitter followers.

“Do yourself a favor and read this,” Mendoza, who was suspended from Twitter last year for hate speech, said in a now-deleted tweet. She was directing her followers to a thread by a QAnon follower who advanced a racist conspiracy theory, drawing from several similar racist conspiracy theories, that Jewish people are plotting to commit genocide against gentiles, enslave them, steal their property and start wars. The thread also directed readers to “The Protocols of the Elders of Zion,” an infamous anti-Semitic hoax first published in 1903 that later influenced Henry Ford and Adolf Hitler.

It's not like her views were completely unknown. Her track record is 100% crystal clear.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
lol,
like the Civil Rights Bill, Voting Rights Act, Social Security, Women's right vote, Medicare . . .

You have a lot to hate

No I was referring to current events

Portland
Seattle
Chicago
Baltimore
DC
NYC
San Francisco
The Education system
Gender Identity
BLM

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Portland
Seattle
Chicago
Baltimore
DC
NYC
San Francisco
The Education system
Gender Identity
BLM
Although I would put the Ponzi scheme of social security in your list of current Democrat messes.

I'd opt out right now and waive all money I've put in for 26 years. Just let me not pay any more into it.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Voting Rights Act of 1965
On May 26, the Senate passed the bill by a 77-19 vote (Democrats 47-16, Republicans 30-2);
July 9th, The House 333-85 voted: (Democrats 221-61, Republicans 112-24).
Dems controlled both houses. Do the math on percentage of Yes votes

Senate
6% of Republicans voted against it
34% of Dems voted against it

House
21% of Republicans voted against it
27.6% of Dems voted against it

Indeed the biggest hurdle Johnson faced in getting it passed was Democrat opposition, primarily the South.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I had always heard racist LBJ had to be shamed into signing it.
Nope, I remembered wrong. Apparantly Congress and LBJ were the ones shamed into it.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh my, He's not gonna like the results of the vote for the Civil Rights at of 1964 either.....

The Senate version (Yea/Nay votes)
  • Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
  • Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)

The Senate version, voted on by the House
  • Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
  • Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Portland
Seattle
Chicago
Baltimore
DC
NYC
San Francisco
The Education system
Gender Identity
BLM
OH, sorry, thought you were talking about the right wing militia guy who killed 2 people last night

all nice cities you list. the education system? you mean the one the Republicans have been trying to defund for years?
Gender identify, does that offend you? don't look
BLM, they don't matter? like the the black man that was just shot 7 times in the back? by a cop?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you seen the full video or read the full reports of that "shot in the back" incident? The suspect, yes he was a suspect because he repeatedly ignored lawful commands by the police, was known to the police because of a criminal record that involved, among other things, illegal weapons in a vehicle, fought with the police on scene and was leaning into the car further ignoring orders not to, perhaps going for a weapon. Perhaps the police should have waited to see if he pulled a gun and fired on them or gotten into the car and attempted to run them down? Second guessing, based on half-assed information, is not constructive and solves nothing.