US Elections (& Politics) :)

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
.....in 2021 there were 406,829 incidents of high-priority emergency service calls for which there were no police available to respond.
I will embarrass myself publicly to make a comparison to Chicago over 60 years ago. When I was about 10 years old I was having a fight with my hot-headed dad. He called the chicago police. Two officers quickly showed up, listened to both sides, and told me to mind my dad.

The 2021 high priority numbers include, among many other calls:
  • 14,955 – assaults in progress.
  • 17,828 – batteries in progress.
  • 16,350 – person with a gun.
  • 5,210 – person with a knife.
  • 12,787 – shots fired (reports from people, not the city’s automated “Shotspotter”)
  • 1,352 – person shot.
  • 887 – person stabbed.
  • 14,265 – domestic battery.
  • 60+ years ago: Snotty kid not minding his dad (in progress) was high priority enough to send two officers.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
I will embarrass myself publicly to make a comparison to Chicago over 60 years ago. When I was about 10 years old I was having a fight with my hot-headed dad. He called the chicago police. Two officers quickly showed up, listened to both sides, and told me to mind my dad.

• 60+ years ago: Snotty kid not minding his dad (in progress) was high priority enough to send two officers.
60 plus years ago a parent would give a kid a good ass whooping, that today might activate Child Protective Services. Can or do parents spank children anymore?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I did something wrong and the town cop, we had one and one only, caught me. I got "the beating" from him. When he took me home and dragged my sorry butt to the door my Mom answered the door. I got "the beating again". When my Dad came home, guess what? "The beating" again. Never screwed off like that since. Once was more than enough.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did something wrong and the town cop, we had one and one only, caught me. I got "the beating" from him. When he took me home and dragged my sorry butt to the door my Mom answered the door. I got "the beating again". When my Dad came home, guess what? "The beating" again. Never screwed off like that since. Once was more than enough.
And the libs taking away spanking started the deterioration we see in society today....sure there would always be the outlier that getting spanked to near death wouldn't correct....but for the rest it was either the fear of the spank or getting spanked to not make that same mistake!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Bezos criticizing Biden for his bullshit tweet. Hmmmm -- perhaps the economy is finally tearing into Amazon profits.

View attachment 132389

Well looks like Jeff Bezos is getting some spiteful and stinging replies on Twitter ...

of the few I looked at many where anti-corporate profits .. the following I thought was interesting ..

1656862912933.png

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you sure that document is not being confused with the current WH Admin's "Mission Statement" ? :wtf::headbang:
Well actually, without doubt it is, in its revised-for-the-current-times version. We now have Juneteenth to divide the country, open border policy, pushing for Transgenderism in schools starting with kindergarten or even preschool, Pride for an ENTIRE MONTH, CRT in schools, etc etc.