US Elections (& Politics) :)

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Sure, that way Creepy Sleepy Biden can have an ear piece and a teleprompter while he's tucked away in his safe space basement with his wooby in his lap and nobody will know (yeah right).

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
That would give utmost control over who's got the mic. Not going to happen, period.

So the Dims announced this morning that the next Presidential debate would be “virtual”

Uh, no.

Soxfan23

n3wb
Reaction score
Those certainly are the left's talking points. Good job posting a comprehensive list of the lies we've been reading about for four years. Here's hoping you'll do better with your second post. On a side note, I've already lost count of the lies Kamala has already told during the VP debate which is still ongoing.
Sources are provided. Everything listed is an undisputed action or statement by Donald J. Trump or his administration.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
the next debate will occur during a period Trump could still be positive and infectious. Even with plexiglass there is still risk he could infect others, or someone in his inner circle infect others. putting myself in biden's shoes I would only accept a in person debate if there were multiple negative tests released before the debate
and then a rapid test done the day of the debate it comes back negative.

Personally though there is a middle ground. They could construct booths with Hepa filter filtration systems similar to the ones used on airlines. Both candidates would be inside their respective booths during the duration.
It could be done outdoors with them 20 feet apart. As stated the man who controls the microphone controls the debate. Also too much of a chance for Biden to cheat such as using a teleprompter.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
B
outdoors would add too many variables for security and weather conditions. it would be better to maybe use a large indoor arena that usually accommodates concerts and such. and then keep them far apart.

as far as who controls the mic is concerned I fully support being able to shut off mics when it isn't someone's turn to speak. Just got to make sure each person has ample time/chances to rebuff statements.
But isn't the whole point of masks, plexiglass walls, and ridiculous distancing as done last night to stop the spread from one infected person to another? I thought it was to be assumed anyone may have it. Are they now saying these measures will not stop the President from spreading it? They are playing both sides of it now. Either the safety precautions work or they don't.