US Elections (& Politics) :)

Reaction score
I am so tired of the term 'experts' used by the media. Everybody the media quotes is an expert. But who determined they were an expert? There is no test given, no review of professional credentials, no interview of one's body of work, just whoever in the media spouts the media's version of a topic is declared to be the EXPERT.

Donald Trump ‘was right’ - YouTube

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
WTF is happening to our country?

"A San Francisco district is planning to rename a school named after Abraham Lincoln because the former president did not demonstrate that 'black lives mattered to him'."

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
"A San Francisco district is planning to rename a school named after Abraham Lincoln because the former president did not demonstrate that 'black lives mattered to him'."
Well, why not? After all, within 5 years no elementary school student will even know who the 16th POTUS was much less what the Emancipation Proclamation is.

Half the college students now in the U.S. don't know the difference between a continent and a country, how many stars are on the U.S flag and what they represent or how many U.S. senators we have...but they know who J-Lo is or how to Tweet....... :headbang:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What, precisely, are you suggesting? Are you suggesting all liberals should be sterilized, or are you proposing that we murder all liberals?
Likely treat them as you do your feral cats or as I have with rescued dogs: feed them, shelter them, clean them up, make sure they have their shots and are healthy and neutered/spayed and then either keep them or re-home them to a responsible, loving family.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Likely treat them as you do your feral cats or as I have with rescued dogs: feed them, shelter them, clean them up, make sure they have their shots and are healthy and neutered/spayed and then either keep them or re-home them to a responsible, loving family.
Except that the feral cat won't burn your house or business down, get you fired for your political views, or assault you for wearing a red hat.

I'd find a good home for the cat....

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I know a guy who adopted 3 feral cats, took care of them and they are now loving pets of his. There are a number of them in his neighborhood and most get fed and most have been trapped and fixed and released by various neighbors, which has stopped the population growth.

One particularly large and mean feral male however used to attack his and other neighbors pets violently. It even clawed its way through his pool screen and attacked one of his own cats on two occasions. Finally after no success trapping it and after a 3rd incident that sent one of his neighbors pets over the rainbow bridge, he was forced to dispatch it.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I know a guy who adopted 3 feral cats, took care of them and they are now loving pets of his. There are a number of them in his neighborhood and most get fed and most have been trapped and fixed and released by various neighbors, which has stopped the population growth.

One particularly large and mean feral male however used to attack his and other neighbors pets violently. It even clawed its way through his pool screen and attacked one of his own cats on two occasions. Finally after no success trapping it and after a 3rd incident that sent one of his neighbors pets over the rainbow bridge, he was forced to dispatch it.
Some animals and organisms, like viruses for example, don't really have a place in civilized society. They never reach a balance with their surrounding environment and kill or destroy everything it comes in contact with. Sometimes the right thing to do is dispatch these dangerous things.

Reaction score
I agree. Ferel cats kill EVERYTHING, GOOD AND BAD. In Texas, when I was a kid, I could go to a lot or the alley and within a short amount of while, I could always find a Horned Toad. Not anylonger, on the endangered species list...you know why? Freak'n ferel cats. And the list of endangered species goes on and on. If I could, I would shoot every freak'n one of them that comes into my yard. All of my flower gardens and shrubs smell like cat shit when it rains. Actually got into a argument with some tree hugger threatening to turn me in...because I was disturbing the balance of nature and ferrel cats are a protected species....OMG what a putz. Don't get me started....you want to keep a cat in your house, I am good with that, just like a dog. IT comes on my property, different story.

I guess the same can be said for libtards......:) But they are protected......

Q: What, precisely, are you suggesting? Are you suggesting all liberals should be sterilized, or are you proposing that we murder all liberals?

There is going to come a point, when we will no longer get along...I believe that will come sooner then later. Liberalism HAS NEVER BEEN TOLERENT of others thoughts and beliefs. Sooner or later Conservative's are going to be tired of their shit. Take it for what it is.....

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I have never been threatened in an unprovoked way by a cat, as compared to hundreds of episodes of unwanted contact to downright threatening assaults by dogs. Likewise, I've never been politically harassed by conservatives, as compared to the liberals often in my face telling me what I should think.

Reaction score
I have never been threatened in an unprovoked way by a cat, as compared to hundreds of episodes of unwanted contact to downright threatening assaults by dogs. Likewise, I've never been politically harassed by conservatives, as compared to the liberals often in my face telling me what I should think.
I agree with you. A threat is a threat, no matter what. I love dogs, strongly dislike cats, but would not harm one that someone kept care of or in their home. I am VERY allergic to them, still, a well kept and looked after pet is awesome...and a member of a family. I get that....but said animals....attack, threaten, should be put down if not warranted (such as trespassing, family protection, etc.).

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Apologies for going off topic. Sebastian I'm honestly shocked by your cat experience based on mine. The only way I know cats are those who willingly approach for affection or curiosity, or those that stay away. I live out in the country now and the feral cats are one of the things I track with the cameras. Without exception they won't let me anywhere close to them. If a cat were to aggressively approach me of its own accord I'd suspect rabies. It has just never happened. Of the several Christmas family letters we received, one was from a liberal neighbor. The very first line was a Trump hit. I suspect rabies of the brain.