US Elections (& Politics) :)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Household credit card debt surges in second quarter, highest jump in over 20 years

Credit card debt held by American households surged by 13% on an annualized basis in the second quarter, representing the sharpest climb since 1999 as consumers increasing rely on credit amid sky-high inflation.

The Federal Reserve Bank of New York's Quarterly Report on Household Debt and Credit released Tuesday shows total household debt reached $16.15 trillion at the end of June, an increase of $312 billion from the same quarter a year ago with mortgage, car loan and credit card balances all rising

Mortgage balances climbed by $207 billion to $11.39 trillion, auto loans rose by $33 billion to $199 billion, and credit card balances increased by $46 billion and are now just below pre-pandemic levels, according to the report. Student loan balances, which have been on pause since early on in the pandemic, remained relatively unchanged.

All told, non-housing balances increased by $103 billion (2.4%) from the first quarter, the greatest quarterly increase since 2016.

Household credit card debt surges in second quarter, highest jump in over 20 years | Fox Business

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Household credit card debt surges in second quarter, highest jump in over 20 years

Credit card debt held by American households surged by 13% on an annualized basis in the second quarter, representing the sharpest climb since 1999 as consumers increasing rely on credit amid sky-high inflation.

The Federal Reserve Bank of New York's Quarterly Report on Household Debt and Credit released Tuesday shows total household debt reached $16.15 trillion at the end of June, an increase of $312 billion from the same quarter a year ago with mortgage, car loan and credit card balances all rising

Mortgage balances climbed by $207 billion to $11.39 trillion, auto loans rose by $33 billion to $199 billion, and credit card balances increased by $46 billion and are now just below pre-pandemic levels, according to the report. Student loan balances, which have been on pause since early on in the pandemic, remained relatively unchanged.

All told, non-housing balances increased by $103 billion (2.4%) from the first quarter, the greatest quarterly increase since 2016.

Household credit card debt surges in second quarter, highest jump in over 20 years | Fox Business
Most of the CC debt is people 18 to 25 years old. Next up... record bankruptcies to follow.

Reaction score
Somewhat long article, but well worth the read.
Delaware violating their own state constitution for the mid-terms.

This is the conclusion:

. . . the Public Interest Legal Foundation (PILF) filed suit on behalf of two Delaware residents, including a candidate for state representative, against the Delaware Department of Elections, arguing the no-excuse absentee voting and same-day registration violates the Delaware constitution.

“These mail balloting and same day registration laws conflict with the Delaware Constitution,” PILF President J. Christian Adams said. “States cannot pass laws that conflict with their constitutions. It’s egregious that Inspectors of Elections are forced to choose between obeying the same day registration law or following the state constitution. Delaware lawmakers should read their own constitution before passing election laws.”

While the legislature’s adoption of no-excuse mail-in voting and same-day registration seems to represent a clear violation of the plain language of the Delaware constitution, the state Supreme Court will be the ultimate arbiter of the question. And currently, all five Delaware Supreme Court justices were appointed by Democrat governors.

Of course, politics does not necessarily dictate the outcome of cases, and given the clarity of the Delaware constitution, the state Supreme Court justices may nonetheless hold that their fellow Democrats in the legislative branch overstepped their authority. But at least in Pennsylvania, where the constitution was similarly clear, thePennsylvania Supreme Court yesterday in a 5-2 decision upheld the legislature’s approval of no-excuse voting, with the five-justice majority consisting of Democrat justices and the sole two Republicans in dissent.

The outcome of the Pennsylvania case shows how far activist justices were willing to go to reach a desired result, even when it conflicted with the plain language of their state constitution. The Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision also reveals the lack of concern the Democrat justices place on election integrity because at the time the constitutional provisions were adopted by the people in Pennsylvania, citizens recognized that absentee voting would “break down all the safeguards of honest suffrage.”

If Pennsylvania and public sentiments prove prescient, the Delaware Democrat justices will care no more about election integrity than their fellow Democrats.

Delaware Allowing Widespread Mail-In Voting Violates Constitution

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
As sad as this sounds, it seems that the conservatives should adopt the libtard tactics and use it against them. I've been saying for a very long time, playing nice, being professional and courteous is, unfortunately, a weakness that the libs use against the conservatives. This is one reason why many fed up conservatives cheer on Trump, because he is one of the few that punch back harder....he doesn't "play nice".....this is why libs fear him. Conservatives simply need to do widespread mail-in voting and see how the libs like their own medicine.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
This is the single greatest threat we face. A judicial system, our last stand at governing by the rule of law, that is corrupt, partisan and activist.

When activist Supreme Court justices throw out established law clearly spelled out in the Constitution ( or state constitutions) there really is nothing left of our system of government. It won't end well regardless of what some may think even with a conservative victory in the Fall. (Nice to think about, but I dont know if thats even really possible anymore.)

I wont say what I really think the eventual outcome will be, but I dont see many "nice" options left. I am beginning to concern myself less with this type of foolishness and more on self reliance and preparedness. My first thought may still be anger, but I'm spending more gray matter effort on "what will I do when X happens"

Last edited:
Reaction score
And the highly-suspicious spam-attack bots have returned to the kun.
Seems too much like someone with behind-the-scenes knowledge.
No way to prove that, beyond what I see happening.

A huge THANK YOU to everyone here who finds and shares news articles.
It is the sharing and distribution of legitimate news that is crucial right now.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
This is the single greatest threat we face. A judicial system, our last stand at governing by the rule of law, that is corrupt, partisan and activist.

When activist Supreme Court justices throw out established law clearly spelled out in the Constitution ( or state constitutions) there really is nothing left of our system of government. It won't end well regardless of what some may think even with a conservative victory in the Fall. (Nice to think about, but I dont know if thats even really possible anymore.)

I wont say what I really think the eventual outcome will be, but I dont see many "nice" options left. I am beginning to concern myself less with this type of foolishness and more on self reliance and preparedness. My first thought may still be anger, but I'm spending more gray matter effort on "what will I do when X happens"
Unfortunately, I think the preparedness you are referring to really calls for being away from cities. Probably need to be 20 miles out, MINIMUM, from any area considered part of a "metro" area of a city. The farther out the better.

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Some of these Chi-Coms commenting about Pelosi to Taiwan remind me of good ol' Bagdad Bob. They are using the same material they used in grammar school.

Bagdad Bob does a better job than Brandon’s red head bitch and that thing he now has as his press secretary.

I’m thinking Baghdad Bob owns CBS, CNN, NBC, MSNBC etc