US Elections (& Politics) :)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Take another break before the inevitable DUMB government shutdown

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Why are people so sure they were getting the real story up until the 1980's. I've seen these kind of comments many times. Personally, I think journalist have always leaned one way or another without revealing all the facts. Edward Murrows and Walter Cronkite only were "READERS" of "the news".

1670777762631.png

eyeball

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why are people so sure they were getting the real story up until the 1980's. I've seen these kind of comments many times. Personally, I think journalist have always leaned one way or another without revealing all the facts. Edward Murrows and Walter Cronkite only were "READERS" of "the news".

View attachment 147909
Walter Cronkite, "the most trusted man in America", was a flaming leftard. It isn't always what they say, but what they omit that's most important. I'm betting old Walter omitted quit a lot in his time.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They don't realize after Regan the presidents systematically attacked consumer safety laws including authorizing propaganda to be waged on the people.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I know this news story is old (2015) but when someone mentioned this occurrence to me today, I had to find it and share. After reading I am thinking that most of the Dems in the U.S. have patterned their thinking and their behavior after these poor sheeple sheep ==>> 450 Turkish Sheep Leap to Their Deaths
:screwy:

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

View attachment 147909
The only reason why the America hostages in Iran came home was because of Walter Cronkite. Nothing was being done until he started signing off each broadcast with the number of days they were held hostage. And there was a saying, if you lost Cronkite, you lost the American people.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
This @$$hole exploited the younger population by getting their votes then later betraying them - very
sadistic

Good, they deserve what they got then. Took out loans with a promise to pay back and now they are crying about their dumbshit decision and want someone else to pay for it. Biggest problem in this country is no accountability. They learn very quickly when they are held accountable.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Let’s face it, education should not be that expensive to begin with
Nope...but then there's this. Note "Salary by Subject" ==>> Average College Professor Salaries

Excerpt:

"Estimates of the average professor salary across all school types and subjects differ depending on which organization calculates the data. According to Payscale, the median pay for a professor in postsecondary education is around $88,600. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), citing 2021 data, puts the median salary at $79,640.
In each case, individual salary amounts vary. Professors who have served for many years in the field, or who teach in-demand subjects, can potentially earn significantly more than the median amounts.
College Professor Salary by Subject
The BLS provides a breakdown of median salaries for higher education teachers by subject. Law teachers were the top earners in 2021, with median wages of $123,470. Engineering and economics were also high-demand subjects, with the median salary for professors in each reaching six figures as well ($104,940). Health specialty professors followed close behind at $102,720"

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Let’s face it, education should not be that expensive to begin with
Not sure what the big deal is:

(1) I went to a State assisted college so I would not have to pay out-of-state crazy high tuition. I didn't go to private college.
(2) I borrowed money to go to college at 9% interest
(3) I looked into what kinds of jobs paid a wage I was willing to live with and picked a major/career that would work for my personality/interests
(4) I worked my ass off in college and got plenty drunk in the process and bonus learned mixology
(5) I paid off my student loan as quickly as the money came in and foregoing any goodies I wanted but were less priority.
(6) I paid back what I promised to pay back. Those crybabies can go fuckoff as the blame is solely on themselves. They want to be an adult at 18 years old then they should be a fucking adult. I hope someday someone owes them a lot of money and they get fucked over.

p.s. Now let me tell you how I really feel... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score