US Elections (& Politics) :)

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Rather than concentrate on legalities of Trumps actions I would rather ponder another question. Typical coverage here in the UK reports that it's not the payment that's the problem but the fact that it was categorised as a business expense and therefore would be tax deductible.

So presuming innocence and in the interests of fairness do you think Trump will hit the campaign trail and canvas for a rebate to the value of £130,000 for every American tax payer who opened their wallet / purse for a quiet life after a suck job?

mbuster

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And as we ignore the fact that Cohn is the one that paid the money on his own admission and was not compensated. How do you surmise that would allow Trump to claim that expense on his taxes? Have the UK reports been verIfied or are you just believing your MSM. If that is the case, what illegality can we commit on your behalf?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Rather than concentrate on legalities of Trumps actions I would rather ponder another question. Typical coverage here in the UK reports that it's not the payment that's the problem but the fact that it was categorised as a business expense and therefore would be tax deductible.

So presuming innocence and in the interests of fairness do you think Trump will hit the campaign trail and canvas for a rebate to the value of £130,000 for every American tax payer who opened their wallet / purse for a quiet life after a suck job?

Interesting that Previous DA's in that position looked at the case and found nothing there. Now that Bragg ran for the office saying that he was going after President Trump, and viola he found something. Funny that you cannot see the connection that this is purely a political hack job. :mad:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I think there are three types of people:

Those who are easily captivated by the circus-of-the-week and fail to realize that they're part of it
Those who simply dont give a shit about the latest circus
And those who see the circus for what it is, a calculated distraction masking a much larger concern

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Where was the trial? If it was a Democrack Trump Hating Jury, he had no chance.

Still no one can give me any good reason why they hate Trump. Almost the same as why someone would take a dozen booster shots of a Vaccine that does not work.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
From another forum:

"so let me get this straight.
they are indicting a man for a crime someone else already admitted to committing, was charged and convicted of, and is doing jail time for. and the star witness is the person convicted of said crime, who was also convicted of perjury before a grand jury? "

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
And as we ignore the fact that Cohn is the one that paid the money on his own admission and was not compensated. How do you surmise that would allow Trump to claim that expense on his taxes? Have the UK reports been verIfied or are you just believing your MSM. If that is the case, what illegality can we commit on your behalf?
:rofl:

First off all I'm presuming innocence. Secondly I'm not sure how things work in America but generally here in the UK a business or person will have a gross turnover / income. From this various business expenses / allowances will be deducted and the remainder will be taxed. After this happens your left with company profit / net income. Hence if it's a business expense like legal fees or an allowance like for example PPE ( personal protective equipment ) it is not tax deductible.

Assuming things are similar in the US and every citizen enjoys the same benefits that would lead me to think that if the average tax payer set up their own business or was self employed they could enjoy at least a 1 time business allowance of $130,000 if they suffer the misfortune of stresses they would like to go away. This would obviously have to be facilitated by a legal eagle of their choice.

This raises another question. Does the average American voter expect the same rights as Trump?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

First off all I'm presuming innocence. Secondly I'm not sure how things work in America but generally here in the UK a business or person will have a gross turnover / income. From this various business expenses / allowances will be deducted and the remainder will be taxed. After this happens your left with company profit / net income. Hence if it's a business expense like legal fees or an allowance like for example PPE ( personal protective equipment ) it is not tax deductible.

Assuming things are similar in the US and every citizen enjoys the same benefits that would lead me to think that if the average tax payer set up their own business or was self employed they could enjoy at least a 1 time business allowance of $130,000 if they suffer the misfortune of stresses they would like to go away. This would obviously have to be facilitated by a legal eagle of their choice.

This raises another question. Does the average American voter expect the same rights as Trump?
IRS and the numerous State equivalents in the USA have a history of abuse of their powers to tax ...

for all we know, they will go after Trump for not paying taxes on paying her ...

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
IRS and the numerous State equivalents in the USA have a history of abuse of their powers to tax ...

for all we know, they will go after Trump for not paying taxes on paying her ...
Is there a rule of thumb for tax in the US. Here in the UK it's simple. Consisting of a personal allowance / small business allowance
0 - £12500 no tax paid.
Between £12501- £50000 tax paid at 20% of profits or earnings
Over £50000 tax paid at 40% of profits or earnings.
There's higher tax rates but i can only dream of worrying about them :rofl:

Obviously the bigger the business the more "leakage" happens.

Last edited:

mbuster

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

First off you are not presuming innocence or you would not have phrased your first post with a statement alleging Trump did anything, much less specifying something. I'll admit I did not read the link you posted but wouldn't think it would reference "suck job" But if it did, I stand corrected and it wasn't your statement.

Assuming your meaning of the average American does not include the woke libtards, we expect the same rights, the same application of law for one and all. When the libtards say "no one is above the law." they mean they are the law and no one is above them. They apply/disregard the law when they are in charge as it meets their needs.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
OH NO! Say it ain't so Joe:

A lawyer for Donald Trump said Thursday he’s been told that the former president has been indicted in New York on charges involving payments made during the 2016 presidential campaign to silence claims of an extramarital sexual encounter.
It becomes the first ever criminal case against a former U.S. president and a jolt to Trump’s bid to retake the White House in 2024.
The deep state unconstitutionaly finds Trump guilty before proven innocent.
The only thing Trump is guilty of is resisting the New World Order globalist agenda.
When it comes to Patriotism and love of country:
He's unassailable.
This is why they hate him with every fiber of their being.

Reaction score
As I have stated here before, I have never been a fan of Trump. What I am a fan of was/is his Policies. IMO, no other president, including Ronald Reagan, did more for this country then President Trump did, thru his policies. This legal Bullshit that is going on right now, is only a dog and pony show to try to prevent Trump from running once again. I have read so many things....15 counts, 31 counts, counts on concealing classified documents, on and on and on. This is nothing more then a political witch hunt put on by a desperate party that is terrified that he will be elected once again. The mere fact that this is going to happen, that a president of the United States will be arrested, is f*******g bullshit, and just shows how f*****d we are as a nation.

Biden has opened the 'Roman' door to our destruction (moral decadence) and final financial collapse (in fairness, he didn't do this all by himself). And it is blown wide open. We don't know what a woman is, man, and now say that not only women bleed or have babies. It is OK to let men dressed as women dance to our elementary aged kids, and teach them all about sex and sexual preference. If a boy wants to be a girl, its perfectly OK....just ask and they will start him on drugs and cut his dick off, without the parents permissions. Our military and law enforcement departments are suffering due to political correctness and pressure. And so, so much more. I am not a pessimist, but we have reached the point of no return. The question now is, how long before we completely start circling the drain and dissolve as a nation?

It really is that bad. I pray for my daughters futures and hope they have good ones. But I am honestly more and more doubtful every day now.