US Elections (& Politics) :)

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a rule of thumb for tax in the US. Here in the UK it's simple. Consisting of a personal allowance / small business allowance
0 - £12500 no tax paid.
Between £12501- £50000 tax paid at 20% of profits or earnings
Over £50000 tax paid at 40% of profits or earnings.
There's higher tax rates but i can only dream of worrying about them :rofl:

Obviously the bigger the business the more "leakage" happens.
In the USA, the tax authorities often even do not follow the law .. and the tax laws are super complex, and they will go after anyone and everyone ..

This is why many of us DO NOT want to see more money given to the IRS for them to do their jobs, as that just encourages the IRS to go after lessor earners and waste the tax payer money to abuse more people.

I am certain in the UK you have similar issues ..

Example:

"California Tried to Seize Millions of This Inventor's Fortune. He Fought Back. And Won.
Gilbert Hyatt's 25-year legal battle is a story of greed, harassment, anti-semitism, and the abuse of power.

In the early 1990s, California tax authorities traveled to Las Vegas in pursuit of Gilbert Hyatt, an inventor who earned a fortune as the patent holder of the microcomputer. They staked out his home, dug through his trash, and hired a private eye to look into his background. He'd moved to Nevada in 1991, but California made a claim that the state was entitled to millions of his recent earnings.

.. "

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They say if you're not pleased with the weather here in Alabama, just wait a few hours and it'll be different. IMO, the same can be said for Lindsey Graham...just wait a month or two and he'll backtrack, change opinions or sides and completely un-say anything he's said before. You can't trust a man that speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

Are we entitled to change our minds or opinions? Of course! I know I have. As people we should learn and conduct ourselves accordingly...but do an about-face about any and everything every few months? No way....I don't care for the man, I used to but count me out these days....he's a long time swamp resident. :headbang:

Emotional Lindsey Graham Begs Fox Viewers to Give Money to Trump

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
They say if you're not pleased with the weather here in Alabama, just wait a few hours and it'll be different. IMO, the same can be said for Lindsey Graham...just wait a month or two and he'll backtrack, change opinions or sides and completely un-say anything he's said before. You can't trust a man that speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

Are we entitled to change our minds or opinions? Of course! I know I have. As people we should learn and conduct ourselves accordingly...but do an about-face about any and everything every few months? No way....I don't care for the man, I used to but count me out these days....he's a long time swamp resident. :headbang:

Emotional Lindsey Graham Begs Fox Viewers to Give Money to Trump
Lindsey Graham always has his finger to the wind to see which way the wind is blowing that day.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
First off you are not presuming innocence or you would not have phrased your first post with a statement alleging Trump did anything, much less specifying something. I'll admit I did not read the link you posted but wouldn't think it would reference "suck job" But if it did, I stand corrected and it wasn't your statement.

Assuming your meaning of the average American does not include the woke libtards, we expect the same rights, the same application of law for one and all. When the libtards say "no one is above the law." they mean they are the law and no one is above them. They apply/disregard the law when they are in charge as it meets their needs.
I have to confess that "suck job" was my interpretation but maybe she washed his socks. That area of the story is a sideshow that matters little. He has set the bar for every American tax payer and i would expect them to avail of the same tax opportunities. I paint the scenario below based largely on a UK system.

All tax payers register a personal business. This is very very easy done in the UK and can be done without so much as a Wal-Mart receipt. They could also be self employed. The main purpose of this is to show company or personal profit / loss for tax purposes.

Now pick a sideshow. This could be a "suck job" gone wrong. It could be washing socks badly. It could be not hanging a picture straight. Burning the toast, not cutting the grass or answering the question "does my bum look big in this" wrongly. It doesn't matter what the circumstances are because the upset can be solved by a one off payment of $130000.

This payment all things being equal is a business expense and can be entered on the company profit / loss sheet.

This payment should be facilitated by a lawyer / solicitor / attorney who will pay the money on their own admission and who will not be compensated. If you cannot find one on the high street I assume Americans have the right to act as their own legal council or failing that prisons are full of legal experts with a lot of time on their hands who will do the "needful" for a carton of cigarettes or a cream bun. Please note cigarettes / cream buns are not deemed compensation.

As a responsible CEO of your own company registered in step 1 you will want to pay tax on any profits made. Equally you are responsible for any losses even if the company has yet to start "trading". Since many "start ups" begin in debt these losses can be carried forward year on year in the hope the balance sheet goes from red to black. Either way the CEO gets his money.

I would expect all voters to benefit from the same tax efficiencies as Trump and for context an American household with two parents could potentially be $260,000 better off. Wether this makes America great again while there's a deficit of $27 trillion is another debate.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
In the USA, the tax authorities often even do not follow the law .. and the tax laws are super complex, and they will go after anyone and everyone ..

This is why many of us DO NOT want to see more money given to the IRS for them to do their jobs, as that just encourages the IRS to go after lessor earners and waste the tax payer money to abuse more people.

Example:

"California Tried to Seize Millions of This Inventor's Fortune. He Fought Back. And Won.
Gilbert Hyatt's 25-year legal battle is a story of greed, harassment, anti-semitism, and the abuse of power.

In the early 1990s, California tax authorities traveled to Las Vegas in pursuit of Gilbert Hyatt, an inventor who earned a fortune as the patent holder of the microcomputer. They staked out his home, dug through his trash, and hired a private eye to look into his background. He'd moved to Nevada in 1991, but California made a claim that the state was entitled to millions of his recent earnings.

.. "

In the UK the government tax department is called HMRC. They are responsible for tax collection but the money does not stay with them so there's no real danger of an already large dept. getting any bigger. Or is there lol. The money it collects goes into a government bank account and whichever political party that's in power spends as they see fit. We can complain about their chosen projects but they will just spend it anyway.

HMRC also go after people's taxes and it's usually the lower or middle earners who are easy to bully that pay the lions share. Big companies, politicians, the rich and famous and those who can afford it are able to circumvent the collection methods or hide it.

In the UK if these people and multinationals paid their way a lot of the problems would go away. Example below

Average Joe yearly earnings up to £50000 tax paid at 20% = £7500 (first £12500 earned is tax free)

Connected individuals or multinationals with profits earnings £100,000,000 tax paid = £0 approx.

My view is that they should be paying the same as me or alternatively i should be paying the same as them. So with the above example £20,000,000 would go to government and the other £80,000,000 they can do whatever they want with.

At this moment in time rather than spend the hypothetical £20,000,000 that would go into government i would advocate it is used to pay of some of UK national debt since i feel we are heading for bankruptcy. Just like in America UK plc needs to start making money and the idea of people sitting at an all you can eat buffet and not paying the bill does not cut it.

Can i ask you all if the idea of multinationals and the elite paying the same tax as me and using this to get national debt down (saving on interest payments etc) is a democrat or a republican or even a neither thing? Where would i be sitting?

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
In the UK the government tax department is called HMRC. They are responsible for tax collection but the money does not stay with them so there's no real danger of an already large dept. getting any bigger. Or is there lol. The money it collects goes into a government bank account and whichever political party that's in power spends as they see fit. We can complain about their chosen projects but they will just spend it anyway.

HMRC also go after people's taxes and it's usually the lower or middle earners who are easy to bully that pay the lions share. Big companies, politicians, the rich and famous and those who can afford it are able to circumvent the collection methods or hide it.

In the UK if these people and multinationals paid their way a lot of the problems would go away. Example below

Average Joe yearly earnings up to £50000 tax paid at 20% = £7500 (first £12500 earned is tax free)

Connected individuals or multinationals with profits earnings £100,000,000 tax paid = £0 approx.

My view is that they should be paying the same as me or alternatively i should be paying the same as them. So with the above example £20,000,000 would go to government and the other £80,000,000 they can do whatever they want with.

At this moment in time rather than spend the hypothetical £20,000,000 that would go into government i would advocate it is used to pay of some of UK national debt since i feel we are heading for bankruptcy. Just like in America UK plc needs to start making money and the idea of people sitting at an all you can eat buffet and not paying the bill does not cut it.

Can i ask you all if the idea of multinationals and the elite paying the same tax as me and using this to get national debt down (saving on interest payments etc) is a democrat or a republican or even a neither thing? Where would i be sitting?
The top 1% in the US pay 48% of all taxes.
The top 10% pay 82%

The problem isnt the top earners, the problem is those sucking the government tit

Last edited:

mbuster

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have to confess that "suck job" was my interpretation but maybe she washed his socks. That area of the story is a sideshow that matters little. He has set the bar for every American tax payer and i would expect them to avail of the same tax opportunities. I paint the scenario below based largely on a UK system.

All tax payers register a personal business. This is very very easy done in the UK and can be done without so much as a Wal-Mart receipt. They could also be self employed. The main purpose of this is to show company or personal profit / loss for tax purposes.

Now pick a sideshow. This could be a "suck job" gone wrong. It could be washing socks badly. It could be not hanging a picture straight. Burning the toast, not cutting the grass or answering the question "does my bum look big in this" wrongly. It doesn't matter what the circumstances are because the upset can be solved by a one off payment of $130000.

This payment all things being equal is a business expense and can be entered on the company profit / loss sheet.

This payment should be facilitated by a lawyer / solicitor / attorney who will pay the money on their own admission and who will not be compensated. If you cannot find one on the high street I assume Americans have the right to act as their own legal council or failing that prisons are full of legal experts with a lot of time on their hands who will do the "needful" for a carton of cigarettes or a cream bun. Please note cigarettes / cream buns are not deemed compensation.

As a responsible CEO of your own company registered in step 1 you will want to pay tax on any profits made. Equally you are responsible for any losses even if the company has yet to start "trading". Since many "start ups" begin in debt these losses can be carried forward year on year in the hope the balance sheet goes from red to black. Either way the CEO gets his money.

I would expect all voters to benefit from the same tax efficiencies as Trump and for context an American household with two parents could potentially be $260,000 better off. Wether this makes America great again while there's a deficit of $27 trillion is another debate.
I don't understand why you keep pushing that Trump did something, you're not fooling anybody with your BS baited assumptions. Pick another topic, lets say, Prince Charles, err ugh King Charles and Prince Henry had several trips to Epstein Island, do you, as a royal subject, deserve a chance to go and practice pedophilia too. Or if you've been, should you get as many trips as His Majesties?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

"In the UK the government tax department is called HMRC. They are responsible for tax collection but the money does not stay with them so there's no real danger of an already large dept. getting any bigger. Or is there lol. "

in the USA there is Central Government ( National Government / Federal Government ) || State Government || County Government || City Government .. and finally HOA ( optional .. and not officially considered a government even tho they basically have the power to tax and rule those living in the HOA property )

" .. They are responsible for tax collection but the money does not stay with them so there's no real danger of an already large dept. getting any bigger. .."

in the USA there is a high level of abuses by bureaucrats

Example, think of this:

In all the work / jobs you had .. and your department got say £100,000,000 budget to do it's job for the next year, and each year your budget gets re-evaluated, if you do not use all the money your money goes back to the larger organization. Each manager wants promotions, and gets promoted if they have a bigger budget and more people they supervise .. and each employee will be judge somehow on a carrot / stick metric .. that is if they perform well they can be given a bonus or promotion .. if they do not do well they can be in some way be "hurt" ( may not fully apply due to unions tho .. which is why many bureaucrats are abusive .. they can not easily be fired .. )

The incentive for abusive systems fully exists in all of these systems with power to tax .. from the HOA to the Central Government ..

Last edited:

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score

Example:

.. "

Especially now that they are infiltrated with DEI and CRT college indoctrinated agents, especially at the top and all of HR. Pretty much par for the course within all government institutions these days :(