US Elections (& Politics) :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ohbut the US Supreme Court, we can count on them to do the right thing!.... not so much, theyre corrupted also..

Supreme Court hands Biden admin major win on challenge to ICE enforcement policy
MSN

Justice Alito, in his dissent, says that the majority "brushes aside a major precedent that directly controls the standing question, refuses to apply our established test for standing, disregards factual findings made by the District Court after a trial, and holds that the only limit on the power of a President to disobey a law like the important provision at issue is Congress’s power to employ the weapons of inter-branch warfare—withholding funds, impeachment and removal, etc."

Alito notes that Congress passed legislation in the 1990s that commands the detention and removal of illegal immigrants who have been convicted of certain crimes.

"The Secretary of Homeland Security, however, has instructed his agents to disobey this legislative command and instead follow a different policy that is more to his liking. And the Court now says that no party injured by this policy is allowed to challenge it in court," he says, accusing his colleagues of "a deeply and dangerously" flawed interpretation of executive authority.

Reaction score
Just to play devil's advocate for a moment - just because Hunter SAID Joe was there doesn't mean he was actually there -Hunter could have been sitting on the crapper for all anyone knows
That is true. BUT that does show that Joe was obviously involved or Hunter would not have threatened the guy by stating Joe was at his side.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
“In the wake of the Hunter Biden sweetheart plea deal, calling D.C. a swamp is an insult to swamps and frankly to all wetlands in general. We need to redefine the Clean Water Act to include all Biden adjacent areas.”
-Margot Cleveland, Lawyer and legal analyst
Calling DC A Swamp Is An Insult To Swamps' - What Jim Kunstler Learned This Week From Durham & The DoJ
'Calling DC A Swamp Is An Insult To Swamps' - What Jim Kunstler Learned This Week From Durham & The DoJ | ZeroHedge

Here’s what I learned, for instance, from Special Counsel John Durham’s visit to the House Judiciary Committee: When asked why he did not seek grand jury testimony from the primary culprits in the Russia Collusion hoax — Comey, McCabe, and Strzok — he told the room it would have been “unproductive” because they habitually claimed to “not recall” anything when testifying in Congress.

That’s an interesting legal theory.

In short, the tide is going out even as the sun sets on “Joe Biden” as President. He and his handlers may believe they enjoy the protection of a compliant news media, but even that has its limits. Impeachment is coming, even if not as fast as Rep. Lauren Boebert wants it to, and if and when it does, there will be no ignoring the stark presentation of hard evidence — no matter how much MSNBC’s Joy-Ann Reid snorts and cackles.

Meanwhile, please understand that “Joe Biden” is only pretending to run for reelection and his party is pretending along with him just for the present desperate moment.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
And just because Trump said he was showing a map to somebody, it doesn't mean he actually was. The MSM will spin these two equivalent things in opposite directions!
Dude these swamp rats haven't worked a day in their lives.
:facepalm: I just noticed this. I must have been driving :oops:

I thought I was quoting this post below of tng5737’s, not tigerwillow1’s

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
White House Counsel Throws the Goalposts Off a Cliff With Carefully-Worded Response to Biden Shakedown Message – RedState

Joe Biden’s White House Counsel has responded to the now infamous WhatsApp message that allegedly placed the president in the room while Hunter Biden shook down Chinese officials.

As RedState reported, within 10 days of that exchange, $5.1 million was wired to Hunter Biden, of which some portion of money was then sent to James Biden, the president’s brother. Congressional investigators are still working to track down just how much deeper the money went.

When pressed on the matter, the White House comms shop refused to answer any questions. Chaos broke out in the briefing room as reporters tag-teamed to keep asking Karine Jean-Pierre whether Biden was actually in the room or not. Repeatedly, the press secretary referred the press corps to the White House Counsel’s office, who she insisted had already answered the question.

So what was that answer? It involves picking up the goalposts surrounding Joe Biden’s past statements on his son’s business dealings and throwing them off a cliff.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
For such a "histerical er historical" finger er figure KJP she sure doesn't know very much.
For a liar she sucks to boot!

Isn't it about time for them to hand out medals to each other?

I can see it now...
"This my medal, my grandson, is for the battle of the photo-copier. I single handled repaired a paper jam
as "snipper" fire was heard close to 100 clicks away! I then received this Purple Heart after a serious
paper cut that hurt for at least a week! But, it wasn't as bad as my hero John. He shot himself in the ass
for his SELF PUT in "Bleeding Heart"!

BTW:
How much do ya' recon he has spent on plastic surgery to his "Stone Face"?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like something is afoot in Russia
Rebel Russian mercenaries barrel towards Moscow

Mutinous Russian mercenary fighters barrelled towards Moscow on Saturday after seizing a southern city overnight, with Russia's military firing on them from the air but seemingly incapable of slowing their lightning advance.

Facing the first serious challenge to his grip on power of his 23-year rule, President Vladimir Putin vowed to crush an armed mutiny he compared to Russia's Civil War a century ago.

The fighters of the Wagner private army run by former Putin ally Yevgeny Prigozhin were already most of the way to the capital, having captured the city of Rostov and set off on an 1,100 km (680 mile) race to Moscow.

Reuters saw troop carriers and a flatbed truck carrying a tank careening past the city of Voronezh more than half way to Moscow, where a helicopter fired on them. But there were no reports of the rebels meeting any substantial resistance on the highway.

Russian media showed pictures of small groups of police manning machine gun positions on Moscow's southern outskirts Authorities in the Lipetsk region south of the capital told residents to stay home.

...Prigozhin says his men are on a "march for justice" to remove corrupt and incompetent commanders he blames for botching the war in Ukraine.

In a televised address from the Kremlin, Putin said Russia's very existence was under threat.

Rebel Russian mercenaries barrel towards Moscow | Reuters

tng5737

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Prigozhin is a Dead Man Walking... There is probably going to be unfortunate accident in his near future

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It's already over, there was no civil war, not one bullet shot or any bloodshed, all probably a psyop to move troops and fool "someone". They're already turned around back to the "front lines".

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's already over, there was no civil war, not one bullet shot or any bloodshed, all probably a psyop to move troops and fool "someone". They're already turned around back to the "front lines".
Huh, Wagner shot down 6 rotary wing and 1 fixed wing aircraft. So atleast 12 russian air men where killed in just the rotary aircraft,