US Elections (& Politics) :)

mbuster

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe they'll put out numbers and not just percentage. May be a record Democrat turnout for a Republican Primary..

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
"With less than 0.5% of the expected vote in, Trump had 70% support, followed by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (15%), former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (8%) and biotech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy (6%)."

A ways to go though.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Latest results from Iowa have Trump at 52%. However, only around 50% of the vote has been counted. This from Newt tonight.

Newt is right on!!!! ....

“This is the people’s victory.”

“Trump is the nominee. Get over it. There is no candidacy for number 2.”

“Trump is not just a candidate. Trump is the leader of a nationwide movement to take back power from the Establishment.”

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
More proof that California, and the Ninth Circus Court are incompatible with intelligent human life. We must build the wall....

Appeals Court Rules The Homeless Have A Right To Camp On Sidewalks
Appeals Court Rules The Homeless Have A Right To Camp On Sidewalks | ZeroHedge
I lived in No. CA for 29 years and worked in city and county public works and at the time was well-versed in the rules regarding sidewalk encroachment, blockage, etc. At least during my time there, fall of '74 to spring of '04, at no time would such blockage be allowed. It has obviously changed as the far-left, woke crowd seized the reins. The law abiding citizens must now walk in the streets where cars and trucks are.....and since it's purportedly the most litigious state in the U.S. I won't be surprised if someone is forced to walk in the roadway, is struck by a car and sues the sh*t out of the local jurisdiction. But the leftist judge will throw the case out and the local gov't. will stary on their path. The inmates have been given the keys to the asylum.

It's been 20 years now and I could not be happier that I got out of that place. It's sad, in a way, because Silicon Valley (Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Santa Clara) used to be a terrific place to live, work and raise a family. :confused:

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Woot. I will take Haley in 3rd place any day, but would like to have seen Vivek beat her.
Vivek counted on younger voter support but people in Vivek poll watchers said that very few young people showed up to vote. In fact they said there where more older age people braving the weather then young people, guess Gen Z do what Gen Z do best

Also the last minute attack by Trump and their influencers didn't help Vivek. He also polls 8 to 10 % in NH without much campaigning.

Nikki Haley voters, none of the various podcast people covering in Iowa on the ground has seen a Haley supporter. These are all exclusively people who get the news from MSM. To sweeten are appeal yesterday she even went woke by not saying a NO to question whether a man can be woman.

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Vivek counted on younger voter support but people in Vivek poll watchers said that very few young people showed up to vote. In fact they said there where more older age people braving the weather then young people, guess Gen Z do what Gen Z do best

Also the last minute attack by Trump and their influencers didn't help Vivek. He also polls 8 to 10 % in NH without much campaigning.

Nikki Haley voters, none of the various podcast people covering in Iowa on the ground has seen a Haley supporter. These are all exclusively people who get the news from MSM. To sweeten are appeal yesterday she even went woke by not saying a NO to question whether a man can be woman.
If Vivek was counting on younger voters then he clearly doesn't understand younger voters. Glad to hear he's endorsing Trump.

Last edited:

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If Vivek was counting on younger voters then he clearly doesn't understand younger voters. Glad to hear he's endorsing Trump.
Doubt he was counting on younger voters, he knew he could never win this year. However, he got all of the talking points out to millions of more people who probably at this point, were oblivious to what's going on or were not onboard with Trump to begin with. Mission accomplished.