Using LaView standalone NVR and Blueiris together

KCzak2003

n3wb
Reaction score
So, I have a Laview PoE system with 6 cameras. 4 LaView, and 2 Onwote. They are chugging along perfectly on the NVR. I've got them all set to record 24/7, but also to email me when motion triggers happen within my set bounds. Problem is though, the sensitivity is so whacky that I get over a thousand emails a night from the "arm time" of 22:00-05:00. I've tried adjusting the sensitivity and no luck. I've read that NVR's tend to have a pretty crappy motion detect protocol. So I was wondering if I could continue to let the NVR just chug along recording 24/7, but then have a computer based monitoring program, like blueiris, or Zoneminder, to monitor motion and send me alerts instead of the NVR.

I'm pretty sure that's possible, but how would I do that. The NVR, while on my network for internet connection, seems to be on it's own sub-domain. My main network is 192.168.2.xxx and the NVR Camera's are using 192.168.254.xxx IPs. so the only way I can "see" the cameras on my network is "through" the NVR IP webpage on the 192.168.2.13.

Advice??

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My main network is 192.168.2.xxx and the NVR Camera's are using 192.168.254.xxx IPs. so the only way I can "see" the cameras on my network is "through" the NVR IP webpage on the 192.168.2.13.
One option would be to make use of the per-channel RTSP streams that the NVR provides, to feed video to a compute device that does image motion detection.
Another option would be to provide direct access to the NVR PoE-connected cameras via the NVR, in case the native camera access is required.
Example method : Trying to set up nethdd with SMB, not working at all!!

farqhart

n3wb
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could actually do this, and it WORKED! Had to putz around in what I though might be possible setting in Blue Iris and surprised the heck out of me when I found a solution.

NVR: LaView LV-N9808C8E 8 channel
Camera 1: LV-PB932F4 connected to one of the NVR's 8 POE ports
Camera 2: Amcrest IP2M-841B accessed by the NVR for 24x7 recording from the LAN side of the NVR (main stream) and also by Blue Iris directly from the LAN (substream) rather than through the NVR.
In the NVR configuration settings, I navigate Network, Advanced, and check the Enable Virtual Host checkbox. This allows cameras on the NVR POE ports to be visible to the LAN side.
My NVR LAN IP is 10.0.0.141 and so Camera 1 is accessible to browsers and Blue Iris on 10.0.0.141:65001

Blue Iris is configured for http::/10.0.0.141:65001, and provided with the appropriate user/password info
Make: Generic/ONVIF
Model: RTSP/HTTP (Tunneled)
This give me the main stream which is 1920x1080

I was also able to access the substream which I had set to 352x240 by adding this path to the Blue Iris configuration:
/Streaming/Channels/102/

I was happy to discover that I was able to do this because I have a variety of other cameras (some old Logitech Alerts, etc.) that I use to keep an eye on my cats and which are not connected to the NVR. Blue Iris gives me an ability to consolidate all these camera views in one place.