Using New Account

Reaction score
i bought a home that’s came with this system already set up by the seller, 5 Camera’s and a MacBook running Windows with Blue Iris. I purchased my own license for this program because I felt weird using all his information and worry about his ability to log in and view our camera’s. However, now the cameras aren’t up because of an IP issue. I’m not computer smart by alny means, but would like to know what it would take Tom log this Guy out completely and set this up new as my own account using the license key I purchased.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i bought a home that’s came with this system already set up by the seller, 5 Camera’s and a MacBook running Windows with Blue Iris. I purchased my own license for this program because I felt weird using all his information and worry about his ability to log in and view our camera’s. However, now the cameras aren’t up because of an IP issue. I’m not computer smart by alny means, but would like to know what it would take Tom log this Guy out completely and set this up new as my own account using the license key I purchased.
Welcome Bill,

I'm still learning here and have been taking some notes. From what I have read so far you should be able to do what you would like to. I'll have to let the pros on Blue Iris chime in on the details.

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.