USPS Tosses Packages 5ft Into Air Onto My Porch!!!

Kenjusticejr

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ha ha, I seen that on facebook..that's funny....nice cam catch...

tim_yyc

n3wb
Reaction score
Since this event happened, I've ordered two more hikvision cameras. I can't wait to get them installed. The problem is these HD camera's take a lot out on my processor. Does anyone know if the new version of Blue Iris is less CPU intensive?
I had the same issue with high CPU usage with a large number of 1080 cameras (currently at 12 cameras) until I found this fix!

In Blue Iris (v3.61.03), On each camera, right click then left click on Properties / then click on the "Record" tab / then click on File Format and compression... (at the bottom) / now select "Direct-to-disc" and I believe the format is "Blue Iris DVR" already by default. **NOTE read the message under "Direct-to-disc" for lost features

Set each camera to 1080 @ 15fps

I am running Blue Iris on a virtual computer on VMware and seldom see CPU usage go over 35% - time to add more cameras!

Git

Banned
Reaction score
Well - the 'lap around the vehicle' makes sense > the carrier said she was making sure no one was behind her when she was going to back up

thestubbornrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, that part I believe. When the USPS came to apologize, they told me she said she was trying to "hide the packages" as to not be seen from the street. I don't know if I can buy that.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm a little late to this party, but figured I'd share what my old analog system caught...

Please, please, keep the requests for camera model information at bay. It's a pricey, high quality device /sarc

While I take no issue with what TSR did, my approach was slightly different. I called the post office manager and told them that neighbors had reported seeing the carrier strike my trashcan. I wanted to verify if that really happened. I said nothing of the video. The manager said both carriers for my neighborhood were in the office, and asked if I wanted to talk to them. I quickly said no, as I didn't want any confrontation.

She put me on hold, and asked both carriers if they recalled running over anything. Both said no. One said she might have run over a trash can lid, but nothing more than that.

At this point, I asked for the manager's email address, explained to her what happened, and forwarded a link to the YT video above.

The next day she called me back and told me what happened. She went to the carrier and showed her the video. The immediate response from the carrier? "I want my union rep now". The manager put her on a two-week unpaid vacation, and transferred her out of the office. She said that it was not the trashcan strike that bothered her, but the lying to cover it up. She said, "I don't care if you run over a kid - if you lie about it, I can't trust you anymore..."

Anyway, I have had a new carrier since then.

One word of warning... If all of a sudden your negative votes go through the roof, be suspect that the national association of letter carriers (NALC.ORG) hasn't featured your video on their website. They did for me, along with all the bloviating typical union protectionism speeches you hear about why it's everyone else's fault. In fact, they claim I 'baited' her by putting my can out there... I didn't. The trash guys did after the dumped the trash.

Still, one of my neighbors suggested not reporting it. Instead, they said, fill it with concrete and leave it there. Watch her airbags go off as she gets stuck on top of it. It was tempting...

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm a little late to this party, but figured I'd share what my old analog system caught...

Please, please, keep the requests for camera model information at bay. It's a pricey, high quality device /sarc

While I take no issue with what TSR did, my approach was slightly different. I called the post office manager and told them that neighbors had reported seeing the carrier strike my trashcan. I wanted to verify if that really happened. I said nothing of the video. The manager said both carriers for my neighborhood were in the office, and asked if I wanted to talk to them. I quickly said no, as I didn't want any confrontation.

She put me on hold, and asked both carriers if they recalled running over anything. Both said no. One said she might have run over a trash can lid, but nothing more than that.

At this point, I asked for the manager's email address, explained to her what happened, and forwarded a link to the YT video above.

The next day she called me back and told me what happened. She went to the carrier and showed her the video. The immediate response from the carrier? "I want my union rep now". The manager put her on a two-week unpaid vacation, and transferred her out of the office. She said that it was not the trashcan strike that bothered her, but the lying to cover it up. She said, "I don't care if you run over a kid - if you lie about it, I can't trust you anymore..."

Anyway, I have had a new carrier since then.

One word of warning... If all of a sudden your negative votes go through the roof, be suspect that the national association of letter carriers (NALC.ORG) hasn't featured your video on their website. They did for me, along with all the bloviating typical union protectionism speeches you hear about why it's everyone else's fault. In fact, they claim I 'baited' her by putting my can out there... I didn't. The trash guys did after the dumped the trash.

Still, one of my neighbors suggested not reporting it. Instead, they said, fill it with concrete and leave it there. Watch her airbags go off as she gets stuck on top of it. It was tempting...
Awesome, I think the way you handled it is the best, and I like how you didn't mention the video, either.
Funny, but also wildly illegal :)

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Awesome, I think the way you handled it is the best, and I like how you didn't mention the video, either.Funny, but also wildly illegal :)
I have to give my brother (a retired postmaster) credit for that. He told me when I call to report it, let them deny it before you give them the video. As Nixon learned, the cover-up (lying) is worse than the original offense.