V4 upgrade procedure

Reaction score
Pardon me for making my first post a question, but I don't seem to find the answer anywhere prior to installation.

I have been running BI V3 for a couple years; very good product. I have delayed trying V4 until now. But now I have purchased the upgrade to V4.

My question is whether to install V4 leaving V3 in place, or to remove V3 first? In either case I would want camera configurations and other settings to be picked up by the new version. Do I need to do some sort of V3 settings backup to subsequently import into V4? I generally like to do clean installations rather than upgrades in place, but in this case there is an awful lot of configuration and settings to be preserved if possible.

Any advice on this would be appreciated, and perhaps would be useful to others as well.

Thanks

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is not clear to me. Mr. Fenderman. Are you saying install v4 over the existing v3 installation which results in v4 inheriting all of the v3 settings?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is not clear to me. Mr. Fenderman. Are you saying install v4 over the existing v3 installation which results in v4 inheriting all of the v3 settings?
Yes