Verifocal camera with sd storage

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Just the lights from his license plate and taillights were enough to take that picture? I know the camera has IR emitters but they wouldn’t reach that would they?
Yes,
probably not. unless straight on with a stationary target. or slow mover.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Man, I'm sorry I scarred you for life. ;)
Everytime I use key combo Windows logo key + Shift + S
I go " fuckin Looney and his Snipping tools"
but the more I have found uses for it and how quickly i can post something to the forum, I'm thankful he got me to use it.
But I still think " fuckin Looney" LOL

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used the pfa120 with the wall mount that comes with the SD5A425GA-HNR?

Loryta PFA120 Junction Box
I’m going to mount the camera to a wooden telephone pole. I was going to chisel a flat spot on the pole the same dimensions as the mount and install the camera. However, I think if I use this junction box I can get by with a few imperfections on the pole.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used the pfa120 with the wall mount that comes with the SD5A425GA-HNR?

Loryta PFA120 Junction Box
I’m going to mount the camera to a wooden telephone pole. I was going to chisel a flat spot on the pole the same dimensions as the mount and install the camera. However, I think if I use this junction box I can get by with a few imperfections on the pole.
PFB305W + PFA120 is the installation combo suggestion for wall mount SD5A425GA-HNR.

Or you can use PFB305W + PFA150 like in the picture for pole mount.
mounting option.jpg

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I understand. This is going on a telephone pole. It’s larger than 6” in diameter. The specs for the “pole mount” go to 5.90”.

Edit: while speced to under 6”, does anyone know if I can remove the clamps and install larger ones?

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
You can probably use pfa120 with some longer Deck screws. if your within a couple degerees turning the PTZ will finish up the orientation of the camera. Of course the clamps give you the ability to re-adjust your height after you run it for awhile.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I understand. This is going on a telephone pole. It’s larger than 6” in diameter. The specs for the “pole mount” go to 5.90”.

Edit: while speced to under 6”, does anyone know if I can remove the clamps and install larger ones?
Yes, you can change out the hose clamps for the size you need.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok guys, LAST question. I’ve got an iPhone. How do the apps work with iOS? Blue Iris? DMSS? DSS? Bear with me as I have no clue but really need it to work with a phone.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok guys, LAST question. I’ve got an iPhone. How do the apps work with iOS? Blue Iris? DMSS? DSS? Bear with me as I have no clue but really need it to work with a phone.
You use whatever method you are using to record video.

With Blue Iris (paid program and PC computer) it would be the BI app (paid) or the free UI3.

With an NVR or the cameras alone it would be DMSS.

Reaction score
I have BlueIris and am away from my home a few months out of the year. I have an iPhone 12 and use the BI iPhone app when I want to see what is going on at the home and I am out and about. If I am in the RV, I have my PC connected to the internet using a Netgear Mobile Router (aka jetpack or MIFI) and use UI3 to connect to the BI server at home.

I do not run a VPN like most here do. I use ZeroTier One in its place to connect into the BI server at home, both through my iPhone and the PC in the RV. I also use TeamViewer if I need to log into the server for maintenance.

It works just fine, except when there is very poor cell service. I have two different jetpacks, one on Verizon and one on ATT for when connectivity is an issue. Usually, one of them works.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind that unless his situation has changed, he was asking for a program to play the SD card back remotely, so Blue Iris is a non starter as BI doesn't talk to the SD card nor did it sound like he was setting up a computer to run BI.

So the BI app would be useless to him.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think he thought one could use the BI app since it is talked about a lot here. And he also mentioned DMSS in that question. I think he was looking for what app for his situation and didn't know the nuances.

In fact on the app store apparently a lot of people think that so they had to put a disclaimer that the BI app doesn't work unless someone is using BI.

That was why I worded my reply to his question the way I did so he was aware BI app will not work unless he is running BI on a computer.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bought the camera through empiretecandy. VERY responsive. I bought the pole mount adapter as well. the PFB305W is included. Is it threaded so I can use a PFA111 adapter?

Last edited:

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If this camera lasts two years, it’s the best peace of mind I could’ve bought for the money. Zooming in at night offers some incredible shots. As far as I know I’m picking up every car that goes and comes past my house. During daylight hours I have ZERO problems identifying plates at close to 150 yards more or less. Thank you @wittaj for recommending and helping me get this thing going.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome. Glad to hear it.

Unless it gets absolutely pounded with weather, most here have the Dahua PTZs running more than two years!