Verizon WAN stops working in a few hours so BI app can't work unless it's in same network...

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why do you assume your phone is secured.... regardless.. even if all the above is true don't give this bad advice to others when you don't know how they use their Network
Where did I say I said my phone was secured? I'm just not a Tin Foil Hat type of person. I'm not about to go to any extreme lengths for these things. My biggest concern is with the banks and credit card companies. Which I have no control over. Those are where I'm most likely to have an issue, when they get hacked and the info is stolen.

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can never ever ever be too careful. I'm an IT guy by trade so I consider myself a security nut, but yet someone got a hold of my credit card number the other day and spent 350 bucks on LYFT rides and Pizza in a state I have never been to. We are all at risk.
I've had my AMEX number stolen a half dozen times over the last 25 years. It's no big deal with AMEX. Whether it's a $10 or $10,000 charge I have nothing to worry about. I owe nothing. AMEX will just change my number and overnight a card to me. And with merchants that already have the old number, they can keep using it. The biggest issue I've had is when physically handing a card to someone. I've had someone from Pizza Hut steal my AMEX number and order a bunch of pizzas four times over the last 25 years. Pizza Hut never really seemed to care that their employees did this. But it's been many years since this last happened.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Where did I say I said my phone was secured? I'm just not a Tin Foil Hat type of person. I'm not about to go to any extreme lengths for these things. My biggest concern is with the banks and credit card companies. Which I have no control over. Those are where I'm most likely to have an issue, when they get hacked and the info is stolen.
This is not tinfoil hat level..this is basic security....port forwarding is literally like leaving your front door open..its dumb...when port forwarding your network is exposed...not only allowing others to view the contents but also for example lock the contents so you better hope you have backup...you might not be convened but its not proper to recommend that others follow suit..