Version 5 bugs and issues

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In the camera properties check the box for "Use Default" and let it populate automatically.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes it will, when you use default it looks to the clips and archives as to where to send it. As long as you have that correct it will work. At least it does for me. :)

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Just noticed there is no longer a snapshot button on the clip viewer, other than right click and take snapshot. Unless I'm not seeing it, I will ask Ken about it.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just noticed there is no longer a snapshot button on the clip viewer, other than right click and take snapshot. Unless I'm not seeing it, I will ask Ken about it.
The help file refers to the viewer menu but neglects to mention a right click to get to it. You are correct in that seems the way to take a snapshot.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can also create your own keyboard shortcut in blue iris options>keyboard shortcut

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I also notice when attempting to change profiles via UI3 it really hangs for awhile. If i use the phone app it changes almost instantly. But if UI3 is open at same time the phone app will also hang.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
You can no longer change the timer via the phone app as well. From timed to locked.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone seeing ALERT > ACTIONS disappear from the alerts tab of a camera when using GENERAL > EXPORT to save camera settings?

Update: I uninstalled BI including the registry entries. Reinstalled V5 with today's update. Same problem exists but I noticed something interesting:

Add alert action, hit ok, cam restarts. Go back in and verified alert action is still there.
Next, export cam settings to desired location and hit ok, but before hitting ok to restart camera, check action alert: it's gone. Hit ok anyway to restart camera. Go back in and alert action is still gone.

BUT, if I add an action, hit ok to save and restart camera, THEN go back in and export but hit cancel after successfully exporting rather than hitting ok to restart camera, then the action is only gone until I restart the camera. Going back into cam properties after exporting, but hitting cancel instead of ok keeps the alert action.

Last edited:

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Just tested 5.0.0.50 and all my clips ghost badly during playback (my previous recorded clips as well)

Annotation 2019-06-09 145240.jpg

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone having problems connecting to UI3 via browser after today's update:Capture.PNG

UPDATE: Fixed with 5.0.0.5.1

Last edited:

Rollo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, but I'm not getting an error message. I'm getting a loading graphic and some badly mangled content. V. 5.0.0.50 x64
I'm getting the same issue - I've tried a couple of different browsers and the issue persists, so I guess its server-side.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Sometimes this testing will make you pull your hair out....I feel the pain Ken has to go through. I decided to try the update on my system and no ghosting this time ?? And the new move the clip viewer to the right side works too. BUT I am getting the UI3 error as above posts are experiencing.

Annotation 2019-06-09 160856.jpg

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, but I'm not getting an error message. I'm getting a loading graphic and some badly mangled content. V. 5.0.0.50 x64
I just refreshed the www folder with UI3 75 and mine works again.