Wall Mount in a 6" hole from prior camera.

jasgot

n3wb
Reaction score
I am frustrated with my Geovision cameras and am looking at replacing them with HIKVision. The issue I face is that many of my existing cameras are mounted partially recessed. The hole size for the Geovision is 6" / 154.2mm. I would like to mount the HIKVision in the same holes. I only see one option from HIKVision and it requires a 7" bore and is rated for indoor only.

I could enlarge the hole to 7", but I am concerned about the outdoor locations.

Anyone have and thoughts? or is anyone aware of plate or bracket that will allow me to plug the hole with clamps from behind the way the Geovision recessed mount works? It's like a blue "old work" electrical box from the hardware, it has these ears that snug up from behind when you turn the screws on the face.

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..what hikvision cameras do you intend to install?

jasgot

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..what hikvision cameras do you intend to install?
Not exactly sure yet. But I know they need to be outdoor, PoE, 3-axis, and 3MP or better. So, my first thought is the DS-2CD2732F-I.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
if you need varifocal then go with the 2732, otherwise consider the 2332 if you dont need sd card, audio in/out, alarm/in out, if you need those functions then look at the 2132F-IS
there are juntion boxes like this available for all the above models..not sure of their size...if you can get a cover for your current box you may be able to screw your camera into the cover..
DS-1280ZJ-DM18 Junction Box For Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I Security Dome Camera

jasgot

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking for a recessed mount. Imagine a 6" diameter hole in a wall (or a sheet of plywood, for argument's sake). I want part of the camera to slide into the hole and stick out the back of the hole.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a recessed mount. Imagine a 6" diameter hole in a wall (or a sheet of plywood, for argument's sake). I want part of the camera to slide into the hole and stick out the back of the hole.
Do you have a photo of your current cameras?

jasgot

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is a video of the process to convert my camera to a recessed mount camera. You'll notice the camera is completely sealed inside the steel housing for surface mount. When you remove the steel surface mount housing, you add the ears that snug the wall from behind. This camera, after the surface mount housing has been removed, slides into a 6" hole. I have several of these 6" holes that I would like to use for my new cameras. Or find a nice adapter to allow me to retrofit these 6" holes to the Hikvision cameras.