Want to see your household monitoring pics (tablet, TV, monitor in kitchen, etc.)

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Quick question, is there a way to just display certain cameras without disabling them? For instance, out of 4 cameras, I want to really view 2 constantly as they are higher traffic. I am sure there is a way but thought I would defer to the experts!
Thanks

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, right click the camera view you want to hide and select hide.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This looks to be inset to the wall from the angle you shot the photo @fenderman. Care to share how you mounted this along with the trim. I like the way this looks.
Its not in the wall. I will take some photos and post. The screen is something similar to this https://www.adafruit.com/products/1287
I had an ebay custom frame seller to make the frame to fit the screen. Hdmi over ethernet and power is supplied by a second ethernet cable.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
gotta have the special glasses on sheesh..

I wonder if people seen so much photoshop that brains can no longer identify simple edits.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
gotta have the special glasses on sheesh..

I wonder if people seen so much photoshop that brains can no longer identify simple edits.
Hey, relax man. I didn't know you could get special glasses for this but it does make total sense now that you mention it. Does Blue Iris sell them or did they come with fenderman's monitor? Do they require batteries like some 3D glasses do? I would actually prefer glasses with batteries as long as they're not the lithium "button" batteries - our sugar glider ended up swallowing one last year. She is still with us but only after a $2600 emergency surgery.

Edited for surgery price, it was actually 2600 not 2400.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This looks cool but what's in there, how big is it, and how do you have it hooked up? Does that white rectangle disappear when you tap on the screen or when you walk up to it?
This is a 10 inch but im sure they have larger units...https://www.adafruit.com/products/1287
its connected via hdmi over ethernet - using a tripplite unit...power is via poe using a wifi texas passive poe unit

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, relax man. I didn't know you could get special glasses for this but it does make total sense now that you mention it. Does Blue Iris sell them or did they come with fenderman's monitor? Do they require batteries like some 3D glasses do? I would actually prefer glasses with batteries as long as they're not the lithium "button" batteries - our sugar glider ended up swallowing one last year. She is still with us but only after a $2600 emergency surgery.

Edited for surgery price, it was actually 2600 not 2400.
he just photoshopped the actual display out, because well it likely shows some very private things..

however this is a hack that is totally doable if it is really something you want, just uses polarized glasses.. my sunglasses would work.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
he just photoshopped the actual display out, because well it likely shows some very private things..

however this is a hack that is totally doable if it is really something you want, just uses polarized glasses.. my sunglasses would work.
How did he photoshop it if it was sitting there mounted on the wall?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
magic, fenderman is a motherfucking wizard...

he photoshoped the picture he took of it mounted on the wall before he posted it to the internets.. are you just fucking with me or are you really this daft?

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
magic, fenderman is a motherfucking wizard...

he photoshoped the picture he took of it mounted on the wall before he posted it to the internets.. are you just fucking with me or are you really this daft?
Ha!! My wife would probably agree with "daft" - but since she's from the states, she would just ask "what's wrong with you?" LoL. Between me, you, and that fence post over there, probably suspiciously captured on your CCTV camera!, I will admit she is right most of the time. Been married 6 years. She still launders my socks and tank tops with Borax that I measure out for her in Dixie cups, so in my books, I'm kind of the winner in the whole deal. My whites are whiter than fenderman's CCTV monitors. Just kidding, I think. Anyways, still don't do "The Photoshop" and don't plan on it unless it's required at my Tokico plant.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
He may have got you Nayr

Lol

Where is the template to get the address for dahua rtsp ip cameras or hikvision?