We have new software & a new theme!

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There was TONS of things wrong w/ the old software....30-60 e-mails a day saying the dbase has crashed, multiple users reporting they couldnt type spaces, it wasnt responsive, you couldn't easily upload pictures to threads / messages, it was slow, clunky and designed over 6 years ago. This software is by FAR the best forum software out there. It may take a little while to get used to but it blows away the old system.
Just curious, what version of vb were you running? The space bug was a bit weird a refresh always fixed it and I never got around to trying to debug it.

I was going to suggest you implement a redirect for old links last but it looks like you already have since last night.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Just curious, what version of vb were you running? The space bug was a bit weird a refresh always fixed it and I never got around to trying to debug it.

I was going to suggest you implement a redirect for old links last but it looks like you already have since last night.
We were on 4.2.3 Patch Level 3, but literally every day my inbox got filled with dbase crash alerts, users reporting new bugs, etc. vB 4 was a disaster from the beginning, but at the time when we built IPCT it was the best solution. I have always wanted to convert to XF but wanted it to mature a little bit first. As far as the old URL's, they are all redirected to the new URL's. Some of the forum ID's, thread ID's, user ID #'s changed, etc., but I have implemented a script that matches the old vBulletin ID's to the new XF ID's, thus 301 redirecting to the new location. However, some pages have to be manually redirected in htaccess, so if you see anything that isn't redirecting properly, please let me know.

any chance of getting a chat room of some sorts?
I have thought about that and will look into some solutions :D

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing against the new forum software, but this theme sucksssss.
Any chance to get other themes, preferably dark one.
Other than that, nice getting everything done without any major issues / data loss.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing against the new forum software, but this theme sucksssss.
Any chance to get other themes, preferably dark one.
Other than that, nice getting everything done without any major issues / data loss.
Working on the theme and other options as we speak :D

hotwire

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For some reason I can't log in using Tapatalk. Anyone else having issues?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Mike, I know you have a lot of other fires on your plate. But, while you're in there dabbling, is there anything that can be done to have the forum send an email notification for every reply to a subscribed thread - even if the user hasn't returned? The problem with the current set up is that, until you return to the thread, you receive no further updates - which means if you happen to miss that one notice, you'll never come back.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
On the subject of email alerts - would it be in any way feasible to include in the email body the text of the referenced post, as before?
When seeing email alerts previously I could prioritise responses having seen the content - now it's just the subject and author so harder to judge.

Having been involved with quite a few migrations, in a past life, I think I have some appreciation of the effort being applied, and the feelings being experienced.
Be assured that all those efforts are very much appreciated!

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Something a little darker please....My retinas are bleeding from all that WHITE! :cool:
Adding a dark theme shortly!

Thanks Admin for the hard work. I've been there and done that and know what a thankless job it can be.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate that! The last thing I wanted to do ws disrupt the flow of IPCT, but I wouldn't have done this if I didn't think it was in IPCT's best interest. Everyone will see once all the little kinks are worked out.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
All media (YouTube) from previous software should now be embedded into the software, and any further youtube links will automatically be embedded.

Working on importing the Post Thanks, next.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Always appreciate any work you do Mike so this is not a criticism, more of an observation, the forum fonts all look a bit small, user names looking down through each sections general area, fonts and text for user names is too small and light as well as the post header, all too small

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks a lot better than Vbulletin for sure! Have 2 Vbulletin lic. just a waste of money! They used to be real good but not anymore.

On the xf the same theme installed is it mobile ready too? responsive?

Regards,