We have new software & a new theme!

Bryk

n3wb
Reaction score
FWIW, I like the new format. Thanks for all of your effort.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
can we get something like the file manager we had before? I often used images I uploaded throughout numerous threads.. now I have no way to open up a list of all the files Ive uploaded and attaching it to a new post.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Mike, I know you have a lot of other fires on your plate. But, while you're in there dabbling, is there anything that can be done to have the forum send an email notification for every reply to a subscribed thread - even if the user hasn't returned? The problem with the current set up is that, until you return to the thread, you receive no further updates - which means if you happen to miss that one notice, you'll never come back.
Unfortunately, that's the way it's built in the core software, I don't think I'll be able to adjust that.

Any news on the dark theme yet mike ??
Still working on it, it's taking a little more time than I thought it would.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's the way it's built in the core software, I don't think I'll be able to adjust that.
Hey Mike. The site's looking and running great, thanks for all your hard work!

Regarding the email notifications above, I've used this add-on in the past and it's worked well, although from memory it can be a bit tedious to setup at first.

[bd] Forum Watch for XenForo 1.2+

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Mike. The site's looking and running great, thanks for all your hard work!

Regarding the email notifications above, I've used this add-on in the past and it's worked well, although from memory it can be a bit tedious to setup at first.

[bd] Forum Watch for XenForo 1.2+
There's no need for this plugin, this is now built into the core of XF.
upload_2016-11-8_19-11-5.png

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tend to middle click to open links in new tabs. One annoyance I've noticed is from the alerts dropdown or https://ipcamtalk.com/account/alerts you have to be annoyingly precise with your middle clicks to open the link. Only part of the text is linked and there's practically no padding on the link. In the drop down there's a script that pads the link but it only works if you left click.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I tend to middle click to open links in new tabs. One annoyance I've noticed is from the alerts dropdown or https://ipcamtalk.com/account/alerts you have to be annoyingly precise with your middle clicks to open the link. Only part of the text is linked and there's practically no padding on the link. In the drop down there's a script that pads the link but it only works if you left click.
Will look into it, thanks for reporting.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd say that, having got used to the changes, it's all working really well. Great job @Mike
The response time is fast, much quicker than previously. Are you running it on faster hardware?
Outside your core hours, we have seen one outage, it looked DNS-related, but not sure.

I appreciate the body text back again in the email notification - for a big watchlist, that's pretty helpful.
I do have a question though :
Previously, there was a Prev thread / Next thread link at the bottom of each thread.
Without that, now I'm going back to the top and re-opening the subforum to see the thread list.
I presume there is a better / quicker way - what am I missing?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
The plugin was in relation to the watched items only being notified of one post until the user visits the thread again Mike. If they've fixed that too then cool :)
Oh okay, no they haven't changed that, thanks!

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I miss the 'search this forum' widget that used to be on each forum's thread list page.
I see that option (to search posts in a specific forum only) in the general search page, but less convenient there...

Also, the new layout seems to take up more real estate on the screen, so i see less threads/posts on any given page.
Just seems sparser and requires more scrolling to see everything than before. Any workarounds/customizations available for that?

thanx

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh, and is it just me or does the little camera icon look a lot like a pair of men's briefs?... :)

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I click on a post, why does it take me to the last message posted instead of the first?

Actually, it takes me to the bottom of the page and most of what I see is a reply box and an advertisement. I then have to scroll or click the previous page.

That behavior is starting to get annoying. Is there a setting where I can change this. I looked, but didn't see it.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
What happened to the thought of adding a scripting subforum when the software was upgraded?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Or a hacking (in the original reverse engineering sense) subforum.
With an invisibility cloak sensitive to the Hikvision spies.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've noticed in the captures forum, liveleak auto embeds are going linking to
Code:
//www.liveleak instead of http://www.
which breaks them

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I've noticed in the captures forum, liveleak auto embeds are going linking to //www.liveleak instead of www which breaks them
Thanks, I'll fix it.

Edit: Looks like it's a known issue with LiveLeak not embedding when using https. Unfortunately it's on their end so we have to wait for them to fix it.

Last edited: