Web Interface with HDW5231R-ZE not working properly

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Is it your network or is it the camera?

As I said before, connect the camera directly to ONE COMPUTER and see how it works. Even if you have to use 50' of ethernet coiled up next to your computer. What is so hard to understand that you need to try to isolate the problem?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score

As I said before, connect the camera directly to ONE COMPUTER and see how it works. Even if you have to use 50' of ethernet coiled up next to your computer. What is so hard to understand that you need to try to isolate the problem?
Sometimes you have to "insert coin to restart game" until they fully read, interprete, and properly execute the tips & tricks valuable users post on this forum. Talking about waste of time and energy :)

But I think it IS a hardware problem!!!(But maybe it's the chair)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CM2H4z8WgAA5pG3.png

saggybeans

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Bro IT IS connected to ONE COMPUTER. GOES LAPTOP --- CAT6 (2FT) --- PoE inj. --- CAT6 (50') --- CAMERA... same problem. You seem to be getting frustrated but I've been testing this way all along as well as trying it through my router, don't assume I haven't tried. It is either the camera or noise on the cable somehow.. it could very well be a defective camera so cut me some slack..

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Bro IT IS connected to ONE COMPUTER. GOES LAPTOP --- CAT6 (2FT) --- PoE inj. --- CAT6 (50') --- CAMERA... same problem. You seem to be getting frustrated but I've been testing this way all along as well as trying it through my router, don't assume I haven't tried. It is either the camera or noise on the cable somehow.. it could very well be a defective camera so cut me some slack..
Bro, if ONE COMPUTER. GOES LAPTOP --- CAT6 (2FT) --- PoE inj. --- CAT6 (2FT') --- CAMERA... gives the same symptom, then it might be the camera, OR the POE injector (eg not providing too much juice), OR EVEN YOUR COMPUTER BRO. Nobody said debugging was going to be easy, but you have to try to eliminate. STEP BY STEP. Piece by piece. Eliminate.

Peace out bro! :)

Good luck!
CC

saggybeans

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
post #3 and post #18 are contradictory.
The cable I used that didn't work was a 4FT cat6 cable.. the one that seems to work is a 2FT Cat6+ bonded pair cable (the only one that seems to work without ping timeouts).

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
The cable I used that didn't work was a 4FT cat6 cable.. the one that seems to work is a 2FT Cat6+ bonded pair cable (the only one that seems to work without ping timeouts).
So the only logical solution is to pull a brand new Cat6+ cable!

Good job debugging this awkward situation!
Have a nice day,
CC

saggybeans

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So the only logical solution is to pull a brand new Cat6+ cable!

Good job debugging this awkward situation!
Have a nice day,
CC
If you're not interested in helping I am not in any way forcing you to help a fellow community member. I've been nothing but polite and legitimately trying to find out what the problem is. You and I know very well that these cameras do not require a Cat6+ cable, most people probably run cat5e. The issue seems to be caused by the length of cable. What I observed is the 2ft cable works 100%, the 4ft cable gives me about 5% timeouts, the cable I ran (cat6 ~35ft) gives me more like 30-40% timeouts and the pre-fab Cat6 50ft gives me ~75% timeouts. This was clearly not an easy thing to diagnose, I've had to go out and buy this stuff to test each step.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
what poe injector are you using?

saggybeans

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
what poe injector are you using?
I am currently using a Cudy POE200 30W (802.3af and 802.3at compliant, rated up to 100M or 325FT). I also purchased a second one which is a TP-Link 15W 802.3af (I returned it since it didn't seem to make any difference in testing). I tried pinging from laptop directly connected, pinging from my desktop over the network and also pinging through the my routers web interface that has a ping tool.. all show request timeouts. I understand what the members have been recommending in regards to narrowing down the issue and trust me guys I've been trying everything.

saggybeans

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it possible that the power being sent over the cable from the PoE injector is somehow inducing a voltage or something on the communication conductors? It would explain why the issue is more apparent the longer the cable gets. When I make my cables I use the 'Type B' configuration, I'm wondering if there is another configuration I can use that would minimize the noise on the cable perhaps? I'm running out of ideas..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible that the power being sent over the cable from the PoE injector is somehow inducing a voltage or something on the communication conductors? It would explain why the issue is more apparent the longer the cable gets. When I make my cables I use the 'Type B' configuration, I'm wondering if there is another configuration I can use that would minimize the noise on the cable perhaps? I'm running out of ideas..
no. I am almost certain its the injector and that you did not fully test the tp link. The cudy reviews are all fake Fakespot | Cudy Poe200 30w Gigabit Poe Injector Poe Injector Poe Adapter 48v Fake Review and Counterfeit Analysis.
By a proper poe switch for 40 bux and end your misery.

saggybeans

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
no. I am almost certain its the injector and that you did not fully test the tp link. The cudy reviews are all fake Fakespot | Cudy Poe200 30w Gigabit Poe Injector Poe Injector Poe Adapter 48v Fake Review and Counterfeit Analysis.
By a proper poe switch for 40 bux and end your misery.
Ok I'll get another PoE injector and see if that's the problem.. Should I get another TP-Link or do you recommend another brand?

It's strange because I tested the TP-Link quite a bit with the same behavior

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I'll get another PoE injector and see if that's the problem.. Should I get another TP-Link or do you recommend another brand?

It's strange because I tested the TP-Link quite a bit with the same behavior
buy a switch

saggybeans

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
buy a switch
Ok so I bought a new 5-port PoE network switch: TP-Link TL-SG1005P. I am seeing an improvement in pings while using the 50 foot cat6 cable, before I was getting ~70% loss now it dropped down to 34% loss (still not perfect) but I can now access the web interface which unfortunately loads very slow. For instance when I click on the settings tab and go through the different menu options on the left, some load and some don't load at all. If I logout and back in I can sometimes get them to load but it's hit or miss. I'll try my ~35ft Cat6 that's running outside to see if that shorter cable shows better results but from the looks of things it's still not 100% corrected..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so I bought a new 5-port PoE network switch: TP-Link TL-SG1005P. I am seeing an improvement in pings while using the 50 foot cat6 cable, before I was getting ~70% loss now it dropped down to 34% loss (still not perfect) but I can now access the web interface which unfortunately loads very slow. For instance when I click on the settings tab and go through the different menu options on the left, some load and some don't load at all. If I logout and back in I can sometimes get them to load but it's hit or miss. I'll try my ~35ft Cat6 that's running outside to see if that shorter cable shows better results but from the looks of things it's still not 100% corrected..
34 percent loss is still way out of bounds.

saggybeans

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I mounted the camera back outside using the Cat6 cable I ran. I am getting 6% packet loss on this cable. I am able to get into the web interface and it seems to load better than the 50ft cable.. still a bit slow. Not sure if I would consider this fixed since I'm still getting packet loss but I will continue to test.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I mounted the camera back outside using the Cat6 cable I ran. I am getting 6% packet loss on this cable. I am able to get into the web interface and it seems to load better than the 50ft cable.. still a bit slow. Not sure if I would consider this fixed since I'm still getting packet loss but I will continue to test.
6 percent is still way too high but it points to an issue on your end. Try connecting another wired device on the camera end and see what the loss it.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you have a known good spare camera, put it on that cable run to give you more info to work with.

saggybeans

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
6 percent is still way too high but it points to an issue on your end. Try connecting another wired device on the camera end and see what the loss it.
So I just plugged in an android box onto the 50 foot cable on the PoE switch and pinged it, 0% loss