WebComponents.exe plug-in not compatible with Microsoft Edge Browser?

techie007

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone tried out Microsoft's Edge Browser yet? Looks like the WebComponents.exe plug-in is not compatible with this latest browser. I can only view the live video using "Open with Internet Explorer" option.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that's correct, the Edge browser is specifically designed to not support ActiveX plug-ins.
Webcomponents is one of many such plug-ins that are no longer supported.
Google Chrome no longer supports such plug-ins either.

pdxDavid

n3wb
Reaction score
When you are in Edge you can click the dots (if i remember right) in the upper right area and select open with Internet explorer. That worked for me with a mini nvr, and the camera website.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, that's correct, the Edge browser is specifically designed to not support ActiveX plug-ins.
Webcomponents is one of many such plug-ins that are no longer supported.
Google Chrome no longer supports such plug-ins either.
So alastar are we all going to be stuffed then with not upgrading hikvision chinese f/w?

I hadnt anticipated this problem.. with PC OS update stuffing my ability to login, troll videos , dowload etc.

Is my option trying VMS to manage the cameras, pull videos etc??

Do wonder if the aliexpress route for stores now closed down with no support for a 1/2 reduction and lots of pissing around and compatibility issues was worth it now !!!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So alastar are we all going to be stuffed then with not upgrading hikvision chinese f/w?

I hadnt anticipated this problem.. with PC OS update stuffing my ability to login, troll videos , dowload etc.

Is my option trying VMS to manage the cameras, pull videos etc??

Do wonder if the aliexpress route for stores now closed down with no support for a 1/2 reduction and lots of pissing around and compatibility issues was worth it now !!!!
Windows 10 still has IE 11 built in which will allow you to access your cameras just fine.

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can confirm windows 10 and internet explorer work.. I found it works better if you add the camera ip specifically to the compatibility view settings.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can confirm windows 10 and internet explorer work.. I found it works better if you add the camera ip specifically to the compatibility view settings.
can you download the video and photos captured? It pops up a search window that for me disappears straight away.

thanks for the tip. I'll try it.

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had to add the camera IP to the trusted zone in IE to make download work ( in windows 7). Still need to test that in win10

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had to add the camera IP to the trusted zone in IE to make download work ( in windows 7). Still need to test that in win10
Yes i did as well..but that was more so that the formerly hidden download/capture folders and files showed up under the windows user "web" folder.

Still keen to know if anyones confirmed they can download video and images from windows 10 IE .

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just did it with win10. Very strange.. I told it to put it on the desktop and it said ok or succeeded.. but when I went to the desktop it was not there.. ended up searching and sure enough it came up in a search.. however, when I looked at it,here was the directory structure - "C:\Users\G\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Virtualized\C\Users\G\Desktop" and the files were there.. just couldn't see it on the desktop. I then changed it to c:\cam and it works and I can see the "cam" directory.. must be a win10 thing.

I put the camera ip as a "trusted site" and set the default security settings to low. Also turned on compatibility mode.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just did it with win10. Very strange.. I told it to put it on the desktop and it said ok or succeeded.. but when I went to the desktop it was not there.. ended up searching and sure enough it came up in a search.. however, when I looked at it,here was the directory structure - "C:\Users\G\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Virtualized\C\Users\G\Desktop" and the files were there.. just couldn't see it on the desktop. I then changed it to c:\cam and it works and I can see the "cam" directory.. must be a win10 thing.

I put the camera ip as a "trusted site" and set the default security settings to low. Also turned on compatibility mode.
hmm your lucky... I disabled Internet Explorer , which removed it , restarted, added It back to windows features, turned it on, restarted
AND still the pop up windows wont stay to download image or video.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
even turning internet explorer off, removing, restarting, turning it back on , restarting- the pop up windows will still not stay up for an image or recording download off the camera browser . !!!!

ggrrrrrrrrr