So alastar are we all going to be stuffed then with not upgrading hikvision chinese f/w?Yes, that's correct, the Edge browser is specifically designed to not support ActiveX plug-ins.
Webcomponents is one of many such plug-ins that are no longer supported.
Google Chrome no longer supports such plug-ins either.
Windows 10 still has IE 11 built in which will allow you to access your cameras just fine.So alastar are we all going to be stuffed then with not upgrading hikvision chinese f/w?
I hadnt anticipated this problem.. with PC OS update stuffing my ability to login, troll videos , dowload etc.
Is my option trying VMS to manage the cameras, pull videos etc??
Do wonder if the aliexpress route for stores now closed down with no support for a 1/2 reduction and lots of pissing around and compatibility issues was worth it now !!!!
can you download the video and photos captured? It pops up a search window that for me disappears straight away.I can confirm windows 10 and internet explorer work.. I found it works better if you add the camera ip specifically to the compatibility view settings.
Yes i did as well..but that was more so that the formerly hidden download/capture folders and files showed up under the windows user "web" folder.I had to add the camera IP to the trusted zone in IE to make download work ( in windows 7). Still need to test that in win10
hmm your lucky... I disabled Internet Explorer , which removed it , restarted, added It back to windows features, turned it on, restartedjust did it with win10. Very strange.. I told it to put it on the desktop and it said ok or succeeded.. but when I went to the desktop it was not there.. ended up searching and sure enough it came up in a search.. however, when I looked at it,here was the directory structure - "C:\Users\G\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Virtualized\C\Users\G\Desktop" and the files were there.. just couldn't see it on the desktop. I then changed it to c:\cam and it works and I can see the "cam" directory.. must be a win10 thing.
I put the camera ip as a "trusted site" and set the default security settings to low. Also turned on compatibility mode.