What dash cam are you using?

Discussion in 'Dash Cams' started by Jonwire, May 31, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Alan Carter

Alan Carter Young grasshopper

We put a Viofo A119 in.

2. DsineR

DsineR n3wb

3. Firefighter

Firefighter Getting the hang of it

Looking at a best value dual camera. Dashcamtalk.com is a good place for reviews.

4. drrich1101

drrich1101 Getting the hang of it

I’ve had luck with 2 cars, each with a Lukas Black Box. They work very well and capture clear video. Each is directly wired to the battery of my car so I can use parking mode, but will cut off either after a given time, or when my battery voltage drops below a given value.

5. CCTVCam

CCTVCam Pulling my weight

Having recommended Viofo previously, my latest Viofo died recently. That's 2 now that have each died after only approx 12 months. I think I'd probably have to redact my recommendation of Viofo in favour of another camera brand now as although picture wise they're good, I don't personally regard 12 months or so as a long life. Mine just started to enter a constant reboot cycle then died. My other camera is a Mobius Maxi and so far this has an image as good as if not better than the Viofo's I've had and seems better built. If you need a screen a camera such as one of the Street Guardians should be a good choice.

6. M-Cube

M-Cube n3wb

Using a DOD LSW430W for over 4 yeas now. Captures clear quality video, day and night, integrated GPS. Still happy with it.

7. Raylo32

Raylo32 Getting the hang of it

I am running an eSky dual but only using the front cam. I got this one for the stealth install with the main control and recording unit in the glove box, just the small cam visible.

8. Arjun

Arjun Pulling my weight

After updating the firmware on my A119s, improved night time performance

9. BigFoot

BigFoot Getting the hang of it

I've been using a Nextbase 512 here in the UK for coming up on 3 years now

Suction cup install behind & just below the rear view mirror. It autostarts and after 3 mins displays a VERY useful GPS speedometer

10. Nanodot

Nanodot n3wb

just replaced my 0806 old one with Rove R2-4K Car Dash Cam - my new 128G card just filled after 3 weeks even though i set it up as 4K loop-cycle - it seems like a fairly good straight forward to use unit. Video quality seems fine, did get some side glare of windshield based on suction cup location limitations as to distance of lens from the windshield glass. Wifi setup was easy, but i have not used it for any data downloads. for the price i am much happier than my older mini 0806.