Whats up guys- need some help with a yoluke camera. (firmware)

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you have this enabled in the menu? I think I have the same camera... My cam autotracks fine.

The whole autotracking part of this thread should be somewhere else actually, the title of this thread is for a YoLuke troubleshooting - just for others searching in the future.

1646529789711.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I strongly encourage you to put an SD card in the camera. It is the only way to truly troubleshoot and see what the camera sees as it relates to the IVS rules. As an alternative, you could screen record the live camera GUI as someone walks by so we can see the box around the person and what the camera is or isn't doing.

Have you dialed in the settings? That appears bright - maybe there is a ton of light and IR there, but it looks like default settings. There needs to be more contrast so that the object sticks out.

Change it to enters and exits.

That is a tight view, drop the target ratio to 30 until you get this tracking.

@bradner - the 49225 and 49425 do not have the Intelligence tab like your SD6 or SD5 has. The 49 series has it worked into SmartIVS.

ern1911

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got it working lowering the target size to 30 but the cars are interfering with the tracking

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are the cars always there?

Any chance you could move the PTZ higher? PTZs can go higher than fixed due to their zoom capabilities. Mine is on the 2nd story and that would take the cars out of the tracking. Now the disadvantage is when the subject gets closer. But for sidewalk and streets, higher is better.

ern1911

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
if i move it to the second story i will not be able to see the cars because of the lower floor over hang.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You really should have a fixed cam for watching the cars.

If perps work in pairs, you could get the camera tracking one walking down the street while another checks your car and then you miss them.

That happened to my neighbor and he ended up missing the chance to get the perp that checked his car.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK on your video, that didn't lose autotrack because of your car. If that were the case, it would have followed him halfway into the car and stopped.

It locked onto something else. That is where the SD card with IVS on during playback can help you pinpoint what it locked onto.

From my experience, I think it might have locked on the plate across the street or the mailbox.

Bring more contrast into the image to tone down the bright reflective stuff. It will lock on that all night.

Do you have enough light that you can run color?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I doubt the reo at that distance would give you the IDENTIFY image you need at night.

OK since you have another camera overlooking the car, turn that into a spotter camera to force the PTZ back to your car if there is someone at the car.

ern1911

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i will try the contrast
i am not sure if i have enough light to run the camera in color -- how ?just turn the ir off?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Under the day/night setting, change it from auto to color and that will force color.

Mine would lock onto the plate across the street as well at night if I ran IR. Running in color doesn't.

ern1911

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i guess i do no have enough light because it keeps turning the IRs back on

ern1911

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i will put an sd card in tomorrow morning and see whats going on
after that i will try to tweak the setting
thanks for getting me up and running
have a good night

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you force it to color then it will stay in color. You must have changed it in one profile and you are running a different profile right now.

Or the save didn't take.