Whats up guys- need some help with a yoluke camera. (firmware)

ern1911

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
just tried it again it stays in color for about 60 sec then goes back into IR mode

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Something isn't right.

Are you using Explorer?

Let's take a step back and force it to a profile for testing.

Go into Profile Management and change it to general. Hit save 3 times.

Go into the Settings and under General profile, change the Day/night to color and hit save 3 times.

1646537629922.png

ern1911

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
also i want to get another camera is there one like this with better tracking controls or easier to set up with more options. or just stay with this unit Loryta Outdoor 2MP Starlight 25X Optical Zoom IR PTZ Smart AI IP Camera Support Auto-Tracking
i found this unit but it does not list auto tracking

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The 49225, if purchased from Andy at EmpireTech and a forum member, does have auto tracking. As Wittaj has said, it is not plug and play. It needs to be properly adjusted to the scene it views to get successful autotracking.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That 49225 does not have autotracking. The only ones available still with autotracking are from @EMPIRETECANDY

The one you have is by far the best autotracking camera under $400. But no autotrack is plug and play regardless of some marketing claim by lower end cameras.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ern1911

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i am not to worried about price as much as reliability
i will stop back later i am going to put the sd card in, it just stopped raining here

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The unit you have is a workhorse and very reliable. Many people here have had it for years with no problems.

I have two of them they are so good!

My cheaper no name PTZ, not so reliable, but hey it was $50 cheaper than the 49225.... Sometimes it is better to buy once, cry once LOL. Just go with the known good one!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
PTZ is a bit professional kind of camera, small brand are hard to control the quality, esp when the ptz need autotracking ,auto zoom and have to make sure the pic is good. So that is big risk to buy a cheap and small brand autotracking PTZ.

ern1911

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I ordered a second one from you on amazon today thanks Andy

ern1911

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I also put the SD card in now i can see where the camera is getting "stuck on other images" instead of sticking with the person

ern1911

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Andy what wattage does the camera need through the poe — is 30 watts good enough?)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It needs POE+ designation.

30 watts is sufficient, but you need to make sure the switch can handle it.

Keep in mind the marketing of some switches may make them sound more capable than they are.

A POE port will only provide up to 15.4w of power. It will not provide more power to the port even if nothing else is on the POE switch. Further, some POE switches so they can offer up to 30watts on one port only.

But each POE switch also has a power budget and rarely will you find a POE switch that is capable of providing a full 15.4w to EVERY port at the same time. It might be a 4 port switch with a POE budget of 45 watts. Do the math and it comes up short. So with nothing else plugged in, the PTZ can limp by on 15.4w, but once other cams are plugged in, each port may only get 12 watts and it sputters out.

Here is an example of popular Netgear POE switch. POWER-OVER-ETHERNET - 8 Gigabit PoE ports (802.3af) providing up to 15.4w per port with 46w total PoE power budget. PoE-capable on all Ports of the Switch .

So lets do the math - it has a total POE budget of 46watts. It has 8 ports. 46/8 = 5.75watts per port if every port used.

I would suggest either get a POE+ switch or POE+ injector if your POE switch isn't specifically designed with a budget to handle full 30 watts to one port.

ern1911

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looking at BV-Tech 10 port Poe+ 96w total
Up to 30w at ports

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah up to 30 watts, but it maxes out at 96 watts total.

Do the math...96 watts and 10 ports, 96/10 = 9.6 watts total per port if all used and that is what takes priority over up to 30w at each port.... You will not get 30 watts per port if a camera is connected to each port. You may get 30 watts on 3 ports, but then the remaining 7 will have no power left.

Now with everything plugged in, some of the fixed cams would be using less than 9.6 watts, so the port to the PTZ would get anywhere from 9.6 watts up to 30 watts, but the total load of all the ports cannot exceed 96 watts.

So it depends on what else you have on the POE switch. You need to go at the spec sheets of what you have or will have and ensure that the thing can handle it.

You have this PTZ and looking to get another. At night with IR on, that right there is about 48 watts of the 96 watts, so that leaves you with roughly 48 watts or roughly 6 watts per the remaining 8 ports. That may or may not be enough to run everything. Especially at night.

Many people do not consider the total watt budget on these switches and then they hook a camera up to every port and at night it is reboot city of the cameras because they are drawing too much and the camera reboots.