Where did my Dahua NVR GUI access go?

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve left the cam’s as they were, and all the various settings/rules have remained. I have made sure that p2p is disabled on each of them.

Out of interest, when I go to a cam, and look at “TCP/IP” under network, I notice the default gateway (which I have always assumes means the address of my router, which is 192.168.50.1) comes up as 192.168.1.1

Since I factory reset the NVR and assigned it as 192.168.50.1, it indeed appears in my router’s list on the home network as a static address called “NVR security camera recorder”. Oddly, there’s also a new client on the network list with a static address of 192.168.2.1, which I suspect is also something to do with the NVR.

There seems to be an issue with the fact that a “normal” router assigns 192.168.1.x, whereas my new one assigns 192.168.50.x

Hmmmm

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
There seems to be an issue with the fact that a “normal” router assigns 192.168.1.x, whereas my new one assigns 192.168.50.x
Generally it's possible to change the IP address range that the router assigns on the LAN side.
This is done via the router web GUI admin interface.
You don't have to use the default values.
It makes it less disruptive if the ISP or router gets changed.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
See the 2nd post on this thread to be sure you have recording setup right...

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah yeah. It’s all coming back. Again a little help!

- I take it the “ANR” means a cam will record to an installed SD if the network is down?

- what’s “M&A”?

- assume I ignore all the “POS” (point of sale) stuff?

- I have a house alarm but keeping it separate for now. It’s physically next to the NVR, so I may look at that down the track