Where do you buy your Dahua Cams?

Reaction score
Where do you buy your Dahua cams? I look on amazon but they dont have alot of dahua cams mentioned there.

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I've used Andy, aliExpress, and ebay. Andy and ebay have been hassle-free. Ali express is hit-and-miss. Flawless sometimes, and with payment acceptance or delivery date problems other times. I try to find a seller that offers DHL shipping (which I believe is Andy's default). Andy = EMPIRETECANDY.

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why are there no major resellers selling these cameras? The sources recommended here have a poor reputation on other sites....I'm just saying this seems sketchy. Is there not a major box mover in the US that will stand behind these products?

R

Reaction score
Why are there no major resellers selling these cameras? The sources recommended here have a poor reputation on other sites....I'm just saying this seems sketchy. Is there not a major box mover in the US that will stand behind these products?

R
Tell me about it. Doesnt aliexpress ship from china?

Reaction score

R
I have bought a camera from Andy without telling him here on this forum. The cam arrived in 5 days. Ordered something else from another seller on Ali one day earlier and got it 4 days later than Andy's stuff. I think if several peeps recommend him you can trust that guy. He does better support than "major resellers" and his merchandise is cheaper.

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yet most Americans will want to easily return a product that is not working or the firmware has an issue or the IVS sucks.... I get the feeling that dealing with China might send you screaming into the night! :) jk

So, I see that B&H has them but they seem to be different models than recommended here. No Varifocal ones on BH. So, which source has the latest tech?

Also, when I look at sample footage of these cams on YouTube, the PQ is far from impressive. I'm not saying they are bad it's just that it's hard to judge online.

Fwiw,

Robert

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yet most Americans will want to easily return a product that is not working or the firmware has an issue or the IVS sucks.... I get the feeling that dealing with China might send you screaming into the night! :) jk

So, I see that B&H has them but they seem to be different models than recommended here. No Varifocal ones on BH. So, which source has the latest tech?

Also, when I look at sample footage of these cams on YouTube, the PQ is far from impressive. I'm not saying they are bad it's just that it's hard to judge online.

Fwiw,

Robert
There are tons of videos on this forum...the picture quality is very impressive if you value low light and night images...you are not making a movie with these cams...firmware is easy to upgrade on these dahuas...tech is the same on the BH cams....BH has no varifocal turret only dome and bullet..
170 via china 310 at bh for varifocal and no turrets your call...avoid domes and bullets in general..

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Fwiw,

Robert
It's your call buy from a US retailer who may stand behind the product for twice the price or buy it from china. There are a few other places in the US that sell unbranded dahua (no warranty) but not some of the latest models, those haven't worked their way down the distribution chain.

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I understand that for twice the price I might take my chances with pacific rim purchase... :). The models are different than the US ones.... I guess I will have to study the models better to determine the new technology from the old. For Example, I did not see the VariFocal models via BH... are the VariFocal models with a 1.4 aperture newer or older from the BH lineup....? Just curious.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I understand that for twice the price I might take my chances with pacific rim purchase... :). The models are different than the US ones.... I guess I will have to study the models better to determine the new technology from the old. For Example, I did not see the VariFocal models via BH... are the VariFocal models with a 1.4 aperture newer or older from the BH lineup....? Just curious.
I would suspect they are newer, as they first appeared here in the fall of 2016, and were selling as fast as Andy got them in stock. They do have a few newer, updated versions (see below), but here are some links so you can research before you purchase:

Purchasing Information

Forum member EMPIRETECANDY (Andy) has an AliExpress store and is a proven, trusted seller. He is also pretty active in the forums, providing incoming stock updates from the Dahua factory. Note that he sells mostly cameras without the Dahua logo on them (non-branded), but can also get the branded versions; just contact him and ask for the pricing. The cameras he sells can be safely flashed with the Dahua U.S. firmware, which is not always the case for other Dahua cameras sold on AliExpress. To contact Andy, send him a private message via the IPCamTalk forum here, or send an email to: kingsecurity2014@163.com

Information on Dahua US Models – FYSA, as the cameras listed below are international models.

Dahua International (Non-US) Camera Model Options

Dahua 2 MP Starlight Lineup Thread Bullets are much larger than the turrets, but also have alarm and audio inputs and outputs

Optimal Dahua Turret as of 6/2017: Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret IPC-HDW5231R-Z

2.7~12 mm (f1.4), FOV: H: 97°~34°, V: 52°~20° $170.04 (as of 7/26/17)

Dahua Link Data Sheet Quick Start Guide Manual Review Link Purchase Link

Bullet version of above: Dahua Starlight Varifocal Bullet IPC-HFW5231E-Z

2.7~12 mm (f1.4), FOV: H: 97°~34°, V: 52°~20° $191.89 (as of 7/26/17)

Optimal Dahua Bullet as of 6/2017: Dahua Starlight Varifocal Bullet IPC-HFW5231E-Z5

7~35 mm (f1.4), FOV: H: 35°~12°, V: 19°~7° $203.29 (as of 7/26/17)

Better than IPC-HFW5231E-Z due to greater zoom range

Alternate Dahua Bullet as of 6/2017: Dahua Starlight Varifocal Bullet IPC-HFW5231E-Z12

5.3~64mm (f1.4) FOV: H: 59°~5°, V: 34°~3° $220.00 (as of 7/26/17)

Greatest zoom range of the bullet cameras

Dahua Link Data Sheet Quick Start Guide Manual Z5 Zoom Comparison Purchase Link

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Updated Dahua Turret: Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret IPC-HDW5231R-ZE

2.7~13.5 mm (f1.4), FOV: H: 101°~31°, V: 54°~17° $????? (not in store as of 7/26/17)

They increased the zoom range slightly

Dahua Link Data Sheet Quick Start Guide Manual Review Link (TBD) Purchase Link

Updated Bullet version of above: Dahua Starlight Varifocal Bullet IPC-HFW5231E-ZE

2.7~13.5 mm (f1.4), FOV: H: 101°~31°, V: 54°~17° $????? (not in store as of 7/26/17)

Updated Optimal Dahua Bullet: Dahua Starlight Varifocal Bullet IPC-HFW5231E-Z5E

7~35 mm (f1.4), FOV: H: 35°~12°, V: 19°~7° $????? (not in store as of 7/26/17)

Same zoom and FOV, so what changed?

Updated Alternate Dahua Bullet: Dahua Starlight Varifocal Bullet IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E

5.3~64mm (f1.4) FOV: H: 59°~5°, V: 34°~3° $????? (not in store as of 7/26/17)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I would suspect they are newer, as they first appeared here in the fall of 2016, and were selling as fast as Andy got them in stock. They do have a few newer, updated versions (see below), but here are some links so you can research before you purchase:

Purchasing Information

Forum member EMPIRETECANDY (Andy) has an AliExpress store and is a proven, trusted seller. He is also pretty active in the forums, providing incoming stock updates from the Dahua factory. Note that he sells mostly cameras without the Dahua logo on them (non-branded), but can also get the branded versions; just contact him and ask for the pricing. The cameras he sells can be safely flashed with the Dahua U.S. firmware, which is not always the case for other Dahua cameras sold on AliExpress. To contact Andy, send him a private message via the IPCamTalk forum here, or send an email to: kingsecurity2014@163.com

Information on Dahua US Models – FYSA, as the cameras listed below are international models.

Dahua International (Non-US) Camera Model Options

Dahua 2 MP Starlight Lineup Thread Bullets are much larger than the turrets, but also have alarm and audio inputs and outputs

Optimal Dahua Turret as of 6/2017: Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret IPC-HDW5231R-Z

2.7~12 mm (f1.4), FOV: H: 97°~34°, V: 52°~20° $170.04 (as of 7/26/17)

Bullet version of above: Dahua Starlight Varifocal Bullet IPC-HFW5231E-Z

2.7~12 mm (f1.4), FOV: H: 97°~34°, V: 52°~20° $191.89 (as of 7/26/17)

Optimal Dahua Bullet as of 6/2017: Dahua Starlight Varifocal Bullet IPC-HFW5231E-Z5

7~35 mm (f1.4), FOV: H: 35°~12°, V: 19°~7° $203.29 (as of 7/26/17)

Better than IPC-HFW5231E-Z due to greater zoom range

Alternate Dahua Bullet as of 6/2017: Dahua Starlight Varifocal Bullet IPC-HFW5231E-Z12

5.3~64mm (f1.4) FOV: H: 59°~5°, V: 34°~3° $220.00 (as of 7/26/17)

Greatest zoom range of the bullet cameras

Dahua Link Data Sheet Quick Start Guide Manual Z5 Zoom Comparison Purchase Link

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Updated Dahua Turret: Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret IPC-HDW5231R-ZE

Updated Bullet version of above: Dahua Starlight Varifocal Bullet IPC-HFW5231E-ZE

Updated Optimal Dahua Bullet: Dahua Starlight Varifocal Bullet IPC-HFW5231E-Z5E

7~35 mm (f1.4), FOV: H: 35°~12°, V: 19°~7° $????? (not in store as of 7/26/17)

Updated Alternate Dahua Bullet: Dahua Starlight Varifocal Bullet IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E

5.3~64mm (f1.4) FOV: H: 59°~5°, V: 34°~3° $????? (not in store as of 7/26/17)

The model with ZE(EPOE ONES ) i booked some, and most of them can be ready in the last week of Aug, just some samples, not sure if they are good or not. For normal home using, without E is good enough. The one with E little expensive and need special NVR/POE Switch, this is the situation we are meeting, I will invite some members here to make a testing for these new ones, I think not bad to buy from us, Lol

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The model with ZE(EPOE ONES ) i booked some, and most of them can be ready in the last week of Aug, just some samples, not sure if they are good or not. For normal home using, without E is good enough. The one with E little expensive and need special NVR/POE Switch, this is the situation we are meeting, I will invite some members here to make a testing for these new ones, I think not bad to buy from us, Lol
Interesting. What are the requirements for the "special NVR/PoE switch"? If it is PoE+, I have a compatibly / compliant switch. ;) Although, I am guessing they are going to need a Dahua-branded NVR or switch.

Mark

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting. What are the requirements for the "special NVR/PoE switch"? If it is PoE+, I have a compatibly / compliant switch. ;) Although, I am guessing they are going to need a Dahua-branded NVR or switch.

Mark
Info is on the Dahua international site.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

Mark
e-poe nvr will released in Sep, E-POE Switch seems just released. Normal one can't make the power reach 800meters.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Empire technology or BEC technology on AliExpress.com. As many of us have.
US client better to use paypal, also safe and reliable for US guys, aliexpress normally ask for driver license, this is not safe at all, Chinese company sell our private data to some companies for money, so i am little worry for them for this too.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

R
US sellers are selling basically these cameras once Dahua USA has them available as well as the companies which rebrand a selection of the cameras and also create kits with them. ( such as Lorex / Qsee / others ).

Dahua USA will have different model numbers, which you will notice at B&H. With a little bit of detective work you should be able to find USA models which correspond to the International models that are discussed here.

References:
Dahua Technology USA
Dahua Technology | B&H Photo Video

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks guys—you've given me a lot to think about. I'll put this information to good use.

Robert

merkaba

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
US sellers are selling basically these cameras once Dahua USA has them available as well as the companies which rebrand a selection of the cameras and also create kits with them. ( such as Lorex / Qsee / others ).

Dahua USA will have different model numbers, which you will notice at B&H. With a little bit of detective work you should be able to find USA models which correspond to the International models that are discussed here.

References:
Dahua Technology USA
Dahua Technology | B&H Photo Video
Is some of the Lorex stuff is decent if it uses Dahua hardware?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is some of the Lorex stuff is decent if it uses Dahua hardware?
I believe so. Note I did look at the lorex website recently and did not notice the Dahua Starlight Turret which many people here are big fans of. ( I have that model and like it a lot for the night time view, for the day time view I would like perhaps more MP - but I would rather have a better night time view in my situation as that to me is where the threats are greater. Ideally I would have perhaps a set of 4K cameras for day time views and a set of starlights for night time views - had to chose one over the other as my budget was limited. )