Where is the Balloon?

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Newest pics of the "object" they shot down over AK.!

View attachment 153905
I found one of those stuck in a tall tree in the middle of my woods back a few years ago. It stayed up there for about 3 years, until the 2020 F4 tornado ripped though our country side. Haven't seen the damn thing since......Lesson learned: If you leave the damn thing alone long enough, it will eventually go away on its own.......:idk:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I found one of those stuck in a tall tree in the middle of my woods back a few years ago. It stayed up there for about 3 years, until the 2020 F4 tornado ripped though our country side. Haven't seen the damn thing since......Lesson learned: If you leave the damn thing alone long enough, it will eventually go away on its own.......:idk:
Weird thing was, the balloon disappeared that night and was replaced by an large, white outdoor banner announcing the grand opening of some women's shoe store about 25 miles east of me and landed a few trees over. It finally fell down to the woods floor last summer. I guess the grand opening was a real blow-out....

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Try the free of this tracker. It will show more than ADS-B exchange.

Never seen that site. I'll have to check it out. ADS-B Exchange just got sold to a commercial company, so we will have to see how that goes. I have been a feeding contributor to ADS-B Exchange for about 2 years. I have a little Pi 4b sitting on the corner of my desk with a RTL-STR module plugged into it. It just sits there un-attended and pumps data packets to them every few seconds.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score

eyeball

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Humorous read about how effective our NAADS really is: ......(North American Air Defense System.....figured I better spell it out for some of the groupies.....:thumb:)

..."China’s air strategy and mocked the U.S. for, it said, spending spent over $1.4 million to pop a $50 balloon. " :lmao:

China should start releasing 2/week... Potato dumbass doesn't care how much a sidewinder and all of the costs to deliver it are... After all, HE isn't paying for it.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I can see why they did not detect the balloon as it looked like it of carbon fiber construction. The solar arrays
would reflect the radar away from the transmitter/ receiver. There was a 220MHz array in Texas that was shut down
that detected space junk.

I wonder if HAARP was up and running.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
..."China’s air strategy and mocked the U.S. for, it said, spending spent over $1.4 million to pop a $50 balloon. " :lmao:

China should start releasing 2/week... Potato dumbass doesn't care how much a sidewinder and all of the costs to deliver it are... After all, HE isn't paying for it.
Ohhhhhhh, that might piss off Zelensky BIG time. How DARE the US use one of their own bought and manufactured missles to protect their own land, vs giving it and the plane for free to him?? He will know Biden is holding out on him.......:thumb:

eyeball

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhh, that might piss off Zelensky BIG time. How DARE the US use one of their own bought and manufactured missles to protect their own land, vs giving it and the plane for free to him?? He will know Biden is holding out on him.......:thumb:
Maybe they can just shoot down a balloon on their way to Ukraine... F22's can refuel in flight... :rofl: What a bizarre time we live in.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Remember the US's secret unmanned drone that was a solar powered spy plane they had built and were testing it in Arizona and other parts of the world last year? ZULU82. It stayed up without coming back down for 64 days. It reached altitudes of over 70,000 feet. The whole plane, including solar membranes, batteries, props and airframe only weighed 166 pounds. Wingspan of 88 feet. Don't be surprised if China hasn't developed and is currently using something like this.