Which Camera Location Do You Think Is Better (Pictures)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have posted two pictures and I want to get your opinion as to which camera location is best. One is with the camera over the front door but you cannot see packages left by the front door. The 2nd picture is looking at the front door from the entrance way. By the way I have other cameras showing anyone entering the front entrance or coming in from the side. Here are the pictures.

Camera 1F 092521.jpg

Camera 1F 092521 Relocated.jpg

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have posted two pictures and I want to get your opinion as to which camera location is best. One is with the camera over the front door but you cannot see packages left by the front door. The 2nd picture is looking at the front door from the entrance way. By the way I have other cameras showing anyone entering the front entrance. Here are the pictures.

View attachment 102810

View attachment 102811
I'd go for the one showing the "welcome" mat area as well as under the mail box if you want to watch for packages ..
( position #2 in this case )

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The cameras are to high to ID a bad guy. The second shot is good for the package drop area.

the front door needs a few cameras, one doorbell camera pointing out, one pointing at the package drop area, one pointing back to the front door. Also there needs to be a camera inside the front door pointing at the door.

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I vote #1. Reason: You stated you already have cameras showing anyone entering the front entrance or coming in from the side. I assume that means you can see your front door on those cameras already. So, #1 gives you a view you probably don't have. I.e, a street view of someone approaching your entrance.

However, if you can't see your front door on the other cameras, then #2 is the better choice.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a screen shot of my monitor showing the other cameras. Cameras 3, 4, 6 and 8 would be the key ones guarding the front entrance and the side. Anyways I just relocated the camera this morning from picture one to picture two looking for improvements.

Screenshot (16).png

Last edited:

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Since none of the other cameras show your front door, #2 is the winner.

P.S., How could you have installed so many cameras without having one pointed at the front door before? (rhetorical question)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Since none of the other cameras show your front door, #2 is the winner.

P.S., How could you have installed so many cameras without having one pointed at the front door before? (rhetorical question)
I have always been able to see who has come to my front door. People tend to stand a few feet from the door. However seeing packages left by the delivery people has always been a problem for the most part and that is why I decided to do something about. My wife likes the 2nd location better. :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, just had a pamphlet delivered. With my new camera location it was easy to spot the pamphlet and one of the reasons for moving the camera. Here is the best picture of the lady delivering it as she kept looking down. A lower camera position would help.

Camera 1F lady delivering pamphlet.jpg

Last edited:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
FFS It's a joke @ SouthernYankee no need for the angry face emoji that is just OTP hence the smiley face. If you wanted a sensible reply then I would always want a ID when a person is facing the camera rather than walking away.