Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hyundai
Bydemes

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks biscuit, I'm looking for US-based companies (I should have made this clear in the OP) :)

I know Amcrest is one of them, but their support is 50/50

Any other companies out there?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Its too bad QSee doesn't work with Dahua branded-NVR's

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Its too bad QSee doesn't work with Dahua branded-NVR's
FYI - looking at Qsee and Lorex I see that SOME of the products are clearly Dahua OEM products - however I suspect that they may also use other OEMs for some of their products.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
FYI - looking at Qsee and Lorex I see that SOME of the products are clearly Dahua OEM products - however I suspect that they may also use other OEMs for some of their products.
Most if not all of their stuff is dahua....(lorex used to do hikvision a few years back)

bxtreme

n3wb
Reaction score
Newbie question, Will the Dahua NVR 5 series support Q-SEE QCN-8026b 4mp cameras ?
My QSee QC8816 main board died 3 weeks after the warranty expired leaving me with 8 QCN-8026b and a couple of QCW3MP1b16.
I'm looking at the DH-NVR5416-16P-4KS2 or similar to utilize these existing cameras. thanks in advance.

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi bxtreme,

Looking at the specs listed on the Amazon page here
https://www.amazon.com/Q-See-QCN8026B-Bullet-Security-Camera/dp/B01259X6QI

Shows that the camera is spec'ed for
ONVIF Profile S

Thus it should work.

Also noticed in the comments:
"The qc nvr is made by dahua, the qt nvr is made by tvt. " - good news for you as you've got the qc model.

Good luck
note that, simply looking at onvif is not indicative that it will work properly..it will stream video for recording, but motion detection and smart functions may not work....

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
note that, simply looking at onvif is not indicative that it will work properly..it will stream video for recording, but motion detection and smart functions may not work....
So the IVS / smart functions may not work - but it will be able to catch the video stream at least since it is ONVIF.

If Dahua is indeed the OEM of the camera as indicated by the comment in the Amazon product page - should we not expect the IVS / smart functions to work as best as possible with a Dahua OEM nvr? ( as it makes little sense to me for a company to spend extra engineering time to break compatibility with their upstream / OEM partner - I can see the value to add features to GUI changes - but I see little reason to break functionality )

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So the IVS / smart functions may not work - but it will be able to catch the video stream at least since it is ONVIF.

If Dahua is indeed the OEM of the camera as indicated by the comment in the Amazon product page - should we not expect the IVS / smart functions to work as best as possible with a Dahua OEM nvr? ( as it makes little sense to me for a company to spend extra engineering time to break compatibility with their upstream / OEM partner - I can see the value to add features to GUI changes - but I see little reason to break functionality )
it may work if dahua is oem...my point is onvif should not be used to ascertain full compatibility...with some systems even basic motion detection does not work despite onvif claims..

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I purchased two Amcrest IP3M-954E's from Amazon and intend to use them in conjunction with the Dahua NVR5216-16p-4ks2. Will the motion detection and some smart functions work? Or is Amcrest exactly similar to other companies selling Dahua-rebranded equipment in the US?

Tizeye

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also important, note which popular consumer kits are NOT on the list. This includes Swann, Night Owl, and Reolink. Always thought LaView was, but not on the list so perhaps not.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Reolink is not Dahua as per several sources on the forum

Tizeye

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Reolink is not Dahua as per several sources on the forum
Yes, that was my point. While the original question/responces was 'which ones are'...equally important is the reverse 'you can rule out these' as they are not - Night Owl, Swann, and Reolink.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Now if there is a firmware vulnerability as pointed out in another thread, do these rebranded companies update their systems at the same time as Dahua? A co-worker I know has a Lorex NVR (which looks and functions exactly as the latest Dahua NVR), but hasn't been addressed yet as far as the firmware patch is concerned.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Now if there is a firmware vulnerability as pointed out in another thread, do these rebranded companies update their systems at the same time as Dahua? A co-worker I know has a Lorex NVR (which looks and functions exactly as the latest Dahua NVR), but hasn't been addressed yet as far as the firmware patch is concerned.
Well, the question we should ask is does the end user update their system?

I know the Dahua OEM NVR appears that patching is initiated by the user. Is there an auto patch option?