Which is better amcrest or lorex?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is the kit I ended up purchasing. Hopefully I didnt make a bad decision. $675 shipped

You can always end up like @brianegge and so many others that end up replacing out a few cams with ones from @EMPIRETECANDY

Your sensors are 1/2.7" which would be worse than what they used to sell (1/1.8").

brianegge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Myotape22 , on the plus side you can add two cams to your NVR later. I think people like the look of the mini-bullets even though they have the smaller sensor. Probably because people are comparing them to Arlo cams.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is the kit I ended up purchasing. Hopefully I didnt make a bad decision. $675 shipped

Hi @Myotape22

Appears to be similar to the Costco Lorex kit in many ways. Yes camera form factor different, otherwise both have 1/2.8" sensors
( do double check the specs on both kits and see what is different - check NVR and Camera specs )

If you decide to keep it, I would augment it with a couple cameras from EmpireTecAndy ( 4MP 1/1.8" ideally ) - there is a lorex thread that has info to do that.
( you'll need to sync user / password, IP address, port, and substream info iirc )