Which model am I looking for and were's the best place to buy

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Model #'s for Dahua cam are totally confusing. So are features per cam. There seems to be a lot of dis info out there even Andy's listings on Amazon don't even list the cams as Dahua so I don't know what the heck they are.

Mu requirements are -

Turret cam
US model with English firmware upgradable
Starlight
Auto tracking with zoom
POE

Also, do these kind of cams come with the mounting bracket or are they extra.

TIA :)

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Wauw, so much effort :p

Step 1: go to https://us.dahuasecurity.com/products/product-selector/camera-selector/
Step 2: fill in: turret (Hoysing type)
Step 3: fill in: low light (starlight)
Step 4: press search!

POE: almost all are, some newer models are ePOE (for more than 100 meters)

"Brackets" are in the "junction box" section, have a look at each cam's description (under accessoires), there you see all the compatible pool/ceiling/wall junction box possibilities.

CC

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Model #'s for Dahua cam are totally confusing. So are features per cam. There seems to be a lot of dis info out there even Andy's listings on Amazon don't even list the cams as Dahua so I don't know what the heck they are.

Mu requirements are -

Turret cam
Starlight
Auto tracking with zoom
POE

Also, do these kind of cams come with the mounting bracket or are they extra.

TIA :)
Hi @Sparkey

So - the USA official Dahua or Hikvision branded cameras will cost you a bit more.
You can typically find Dahua branded cameras at B&H

To save some $ most of us look for Dahua OEM models which are sold to vendors that are supposed to rebrand the cameras.

Examples of such brands / vendors carrying rebranded Dahua OEM products:
Andy ( EmpireTecAndy )
Montavue
LaView's saturn line up
Amcrest ( double check the features )
Lorex has Dahua OEM and as well as other OEMs ( normally missing IVS features )
and numerous others

Q-see used to carry Dahua OEM products, now iirc they have a different OEM ( ? Uniview? or ?? )

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Besides the extra cost of "US models" that @mat200 mentioned, another possible issue is that Dahua North America (the company that releases all "US models") doesn't make many of the popular Dahua models available for sale in North America... there never was a "US model" of the still incredibly popular 5231R-Z varifocal turret.

And if Dahau North America does release a Dahua international model as a "US model", as you noted, they change the model number. There's a ton of info in the forum here about most Dahua models, but virtually everyone refers to the cameras by their international model numbers, not the US model numbers.

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Step 1: go to https://us.dahuasecurity.com/products/product-selector/camera-selector/
Step 2: fill in: turret (Hoysing type)
Step 3: fill in: low light (starlight)
Step 4: press search!

POE: almost all are, some newer models are ePOE (for more than 100 meters)

"Brackets" are in the "junction box" section, have a look at each cam's description (under accessoires), there you see all the compatible pool/ceiling/wall junction box possibilities.

CC
Can't reach the site. Must be down?

ntssyd

n3wb
Reaction score
One thing that I realised/regretted after upgrading from 7YO 2MP domes to 4k Bullets is that the bullets don't have Alarm or sound inputs/outputs. It might be because the specific model I chose (1831) or the price point. The old domes were top of the line back then and cost about 2.5 times as much as what I paid for the bullets this time around ($700 vs $275 AUD each).

When I ordered the bullets I had no plans to use alarm/sound inputs/outputs so I didn't check if they had them. But after deploying and using the new NVR software for a month or so it became clear that using some PIR and floodlights detectors hooked to the alarm input/output would be great.. but oh wait, there is no alarm input/output on these cameras.... Duh!