Which system up to 300€

fanavity

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I received the RLK4-211WB system yesterday. Unfortunately I do not get an RTSP-Url. While I'm still waiting for the answer of the manufacturer, I want to ask for alternative ones.
My requirements:

• Wlan cameras, because unfortunately I don't have LAN at these locations
  • IP6X, because they will be used outside
  • full HD
  • <= 300€
  • RTSP or similar

I want to use it to monitor my entrance area and garden. I would like to be informed in case of movement. I would like to have a trigger in openhab(smarthome system), but that is not necessary.
But a pushnotification should come.
I would like to be able to pick up the individual streams in the network.

PS: What do you think about the following systems?
  • Zosi 8-Channel 1080p H265? ~250€ with HDD
  • Sannce 8-Channel 1080p H264+ ~250€ with HDD

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I received the RLK4-211WB system yesterday. Unfortunately I do not get an RTSP-Url. While I'm still waiting for the answer of the manufacturer, I want to ask for alternative ones.
My requirements:

• Wlan cameras, because unfortunately I don't have LAN at these locations
  • IP6X, because they will be used outside
  • full HD
  • <= 300€
  • RTSP or similar

I want to use it to monitor my entrance area and garden. I would like to be informed in case of movement. I would like to have a trigger in openhab(smarthome system), but that is not necessary.
But a pushnotification should come.
I would like to be able to pick up the individual streams in the network.

PS: What do you think about the following systems?
  • Zosi 8-Channel 1080p H265? ~250€ with HDD
  • Sannce 8-Channel 1080p H264+ ~250€ with HDD
Welcome to ipcamtalk @fanavity

Do take a look at the various resources here ( see the wiki, the cliff notes, reviews by members, and some of the threads )

1) Identify what you want the cameras to accomplish. ( see the DORI section of the cliff notes )
2) <= 300€ - if you can afford better than this, it would be good. Hard to get a decent setup at that price point, especially right now as the Corona virus has hit the supply chain so less supplies available ( and thus less deals )

Zosi, Sannce - they've got some very affordable products which imho are not worth purchasing. Better to just get one good camera than a lot of cameras which fail to perform to what you need.

fanavity

n3wb
Reaction score
what do you think about the Reolink system I bought? I’m very happy with the quality. Only the missing RTSP is bad :(

Are the cheap systems really so bad.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what do you think about the Reolink system I bought? I’m very happy with the quality. Only the missing RTSP is bad :(

Are the cheap systems really so bad.
Hi @fanavity

There's quite a bit of dislike of Reolink here at ipcamtalk. Do take some time to search for Reolink in the titles here to find threads which discuss the topic.

"..Are the cheap systems really so bad. " - Are cheap Eastern German ( GDR ) cars or Eastern Block cars that bad?

Last edited:

fanavity

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks for the quick answer. But do you know if the above mentioned systems support RTSP over the nvr?

fanavity

n3wb
Reaction score
can anyone recommend a wlan nvr with Onvif and RTSP stream to me? The nvr should not cost more than 150€.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
can anyone recommend a wlan nvr with Onvif and RTSP stream to me? The nvr should not cost more than 150€.
Hi @fanavity

I would not recommend a NVR with WiFi built in ( WLAN - wireless LAN ). Try to go with a wired solution, they are much more reliable. For WiFi cameras that augment a good wired setup, most of us use a "normal" WiFi router. This way you can replace the WiFi router as needed.

fanavity

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately I cannot lay a cable at the installation locations. Therefore I have to use a wlan solution. In order not to burden my normal wifi, I am looking for an nvr with wifi, which then builds up its own network. If there are alternatives I am always open. I just can not lay a cable.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
G3-PLC is better than wifi perhaps you can try this ...

BICK

fanavity

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have some cheap examples? I can’t find cameras with this standard. Only from unifi. But this one is a little bit expensive.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

BICK

fanavity

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been thinking about dlan, too. However, it will also be quite expensive. Such an adapter costs about 30-40€. How many Mbit per camera are recommended? Because I partly have to bridge 40-50 meters of distance.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately I cannot lay a cable at the installation locations. Therefore I have to use a wlan solution. In order not to burden my normal wifi, I am looking for an nvr with wifi, which then builds up its own network. If there are alternatives I am always open. I just can not lay a cable.
@fanavity

WiFi NVRs are not that great, especially with the budget you are looking at.

Look at a normal NVR + separate wifi equipment ( search here for that.. look for ubiquiti in the search terms.. )

fanavity

n3wb
Reaction score
When I buy a standard lan nvr, do I connect the cameras then ? I would do it with a dlan adapter. There would only be one lan cable coming to the nvr. Does it work? Sorry for the stupid questions :/

fanavity

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have a recommendation for me when I take a standard nvr? The price should not be > 350€.

PS: This i the set i actually prefer.

Last edited:

fanavity

n3wb
Reaction score
The problem with Aliexpress are the shipping costs and customs duties. If I could find a cheap supplier in Europe, that would be great, because then there would be no customs duties.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The problem with Aliexpress are the shipping costs and customs duties. If I could find a cheap supplier in Europe, that would be great, because then there would be no customs duties.
Hi @fanavity

FYI - Andy ( @EMPIRETECANDY ) has worked with others in the EU to keep the costs good and iirc already may even have inventory in the EU for distribution. So do contact and at least inquire so you can get a good comparison. Most of us like the newer 4MP Dahua OEM starlight+ models.

fanavity

n3wb
Reaction score
why does dahua have so many cameras? Unfortunately I can't see any difference between them. For example
IPC-HDW2431T-AS-S2
vs
IPC-HDBW2431E-S-S2
vs
IPC-HDW2431TM-AS-S2
vs
IPC-T2431T-AS

What should I look for when buying a Dahua camera? I have found resolutions of the article names, but there are always letters not explained. Unfortunately I am a little bit overstrained :(

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
why does dahua have so many cameras? Unfortunately I can't see any difference between them. For example
IPC-HDW2431T-AS-S2
vs
IPC-HDBW2431E-S-S2
vs
IPC-HDW2431TM-AS-S2
vs
IPC-T2431T-AS

What should I look for when buying a Dahua camera? I have found resolutions of the article names, but there are always letters not explained. Unfortunately I am a little bit overstrained :(
hint: see the cliff notes