Which VTO & VTH will be better with Dahua camera HDW5442 ?

cona

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have 2 dahua cameras (HDW5442TM-AS-LED) that I will install soon.
So I did a long search about a good VTO & VTH that will perform well, and have the ability to show my cameras feed in the VTH.
In future I will install a server to run BI or something else, but it is VTH only for now.

My final options are:

(1) Dahua :
safest path for compatibility with my cameras.
VTO: VTO2211G-WP: almost good specs with good price.
VTH: VTH5341G-W: good but with an old android 8.1.
or VTO2202F-P-S2 instead of VTO2211G-WP, it is older and maybe doesn't support onvif, but has a better sensor, H.265 support and aluminum body.

(2) Hikvision :
VTO: DS-KV6113-PE1 or DS-KV8113-WME1
VTH: DS-KH9510-WTE1(B) or DS-KH9310-WTE1
they have better specs in some aspects.
also there is KD9203-FE6 but looks like it's not easy to buy for now.

My concerns:
1) COMPATIBILITY : will hikvision vth be able to view my dahua camera ?
2) onvif support since I couldn't find useful information about it in the specs.
3) This negative view of dahua : Dahua vs hikvision doorbell

Thank you !

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have 2 dahua cameras (HDW5442TM-AS-LED) that I will install soon.
So I did a long search about a good VTO & VTH that will perform well, and have the ability to show my cameras feed in the VTH.
In future I will install a server to run BI or something else, but it is VTH only for now.

My final options are:

(1) Dahua :
safest path for compatibility with my cameras.
VTO: VTO2211G-WP: almost good specs with good price.
VTH: VTH5341G-W: good but with an old android 8.1.
or VTO2202F-P-S2 instead of VTO2211G-WP, it is older and maybe doesn't support onvif, but has a better sensor, H.265 support and aluminum body.

(2) Hikvision :
VTO: DS-KV6113-PE1 or DS-KV8113-WME1
VTH: DS-KH9510-WTE1(B) or DS-KH9310-WTE1
they have better specs in some aspects.
also there is KD9203-FE6 but looks like it's not easy to buy for now.

My concerns:
1) COMPATIBILITY : will hikvision vth be able to view my dahua camera ?
2) onvif support since I couldn't find useful information about it in the specs.
3) This negative view of dahua : Dahua vs hikvision doorbell

Thank you !
I have all Dahua cameras and use a VTO2211G-WP and VTH2421FB. No issues with viewing any of my cameras including my Color4K/X. The VTH will only be able to use the substream of the cameras due to the resolution and decoding limitations of the VTH. You will have no issues viewing the 5442 cams on the VTH.

My VTO is mounting outside under a minimum of cover and has performed flawlessly. We get a couple good rainstorms every year and had a hurricane pass by about 100km away. Zero issues with rain or sun and I would definitely recommend the VTO and VTH.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
dont buy these android vths. they are slow as hell and wont be updated in future.

all non android vths are the same. i would buy one which can be updated to firmware version 4.7, they have a new design now. bit better than the old UI.

hikvision devices are not able to work with dahua cameras. it is impossible to show the substream and the indoor stations are not able to use the mainstream with full resolution.