Why is it asking me for Username and Password on the console I am running it on?

37tr3n5k

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I opened up BI on the Console I am using as the server and it is promptimg me for a UN / PW. I got in using the same combo I used when setting up remote access. I cant find where to disable the prompt for local access? what is this about. Ive been using BI for years. This is extremely annoying. Its like, c'mon, man- don't fix what aint broke.

Last edited:

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Me too, but I've only been using it for a couple of weeks, but I did notice an added login dialog that has "local_host" as username.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I opened up BI on the Console I am using as the server and it is promptimg me for a UN / PW. I got in using the same combo I used when setting up remote access. I cant find where to disable the prompt for local access? what is this about. Ive been using BI for years. This is extremely annoying. Its like, c'mon, man- don't fix what aint broke.
There are at least 5 threads on this and this is a direct result of YOUR user error. c'mon, man- don't uncheck boxes when you dont know what they do. Local Console Login?

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Very useful thread, I will add it to my BI saturation study.

37tr3n5k

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There are at least 5 threads on this and this is a direct result of YOUR user error. c'mon, man- don't uncheck boxes when you dont know what they do. Local Console Login?
Pfft . Got it. My user error when I literally havent touched the settings in at least 2 years and it only recently began asking for it. C'mon, man- dont make settings changes in updates and then act like it's user error when the users havent made a single change... maybe that should be more like it? But, hey thanks for the info.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Pfft . Got it. My user error when I literally havent touched the settings in at least 2 years and it only recently began asking for it. C'mon, man- dont make settings changes in updates and then act like it's user error when the users havent made a single change... maybe that should be more like it? But, hey thanks for the info.
Actually if you read the update release notes that’s the way it was supposed to work from the get go. Your user error occurred two years ago. And you foolishly unchecked the admin box without knowing what it does because you’re lazy to read instructions then you come and bitch about it. I guess it took less effort to bitch about it than to do a search and find a solution.