Why isn't this particular camera not accessible outside of home network?

sknyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 4 Hikvision outdoor bullet cams. I had them configured in the same fashion, with port forwarding, so that I can view them via iVMS-4500 Lite on iPhone.
Problem: all 3 cameras were connected fine, but 1. It appears that the port forwarding does not work on this camera.
Any ideas? Could it be hardware issue?

sknyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you get any response from the manufacture? I called Hikvision support and they said I bought mine off eBay so they are not responsible for support :mad-new:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you get any response from the manufacture? I called Hikvision support and they said I bought mine off eBay so they are not responsible for support :mad-new:
You will not get support if the camera was not purchased from an authorized dealer. Your camera is also likely a china region camera so dont try to update the firmware or you will brick it.
Your issue is setting related. Post images of all the cameras network and port settings as well as your port forward settings.

keeper

n3wb
Reaction score
I got mine from a UK Hikvision authorised dealer, will call them tomorrow.

sknyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
keeper: have you any luck calling the distributor? I spent the whole day searching for solutions but to no avail. I even called my ISP and they told me to add a new port which did not work, then they said to call the manufacture, back to square one. :sad:

sknyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
fenderman: there are so many settings on the camera itself. Any specific settings would help?

gamblor

n3wb
Reaction score
Your default gateway is 0.0.0.0

Change it to 192.168.1.1 (your lan ip)

Change google dns from 8.8.8.8 also to 192.168.1.1 (lan ip)

sknyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It worked! Thank you all! I had been very stubborn about updating any network setting because other 3 cameras have the exact same setting, 0.0.0.0 for gateway, 8.8.8.8 for DNS. Oh yeah,how come the other ones work without the proper gateway?

keeper

n3wb
Reaction score
keeper: have you any luck calling the distributor? I spent the whole day searching for solutions but to no avail. I even called my ISP and they told me to add a new port which did not work, then they said to call the manufacture, back to square one. :sad:
They have referred the issue to Hikvision but expect it to take a few days for a response, I said I would review with them on Friday with a view to returning if they can't resolve.
I understand we all have our own networks and routers but i'd expect this to work out of the box with minimal port forwarding and not require hours of trouble shooting, it presentation of EZVIZ give you a picture of a few button clicks which is clearly not the case with this camera.

keeper

n3wb
Reaction score
Those setting seem the same as mine but I can't connect from outside of the network or using DYNDNS direct to the camera, not sure what i'm missing?
network3.jpgnetwork2.jpgnetwork1.jpgportforward.jpg

sknyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Those setting seem the same as mine but I can't connect from outside of the network or using DYNDNS direct to the camera, not sure what i'm missing?
Not sure if it matters, I noticed our NIC type is auto and mine has the Ethernet specification..

sknyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They have referred the issue to Hikvision but expect it to take a few days for a response, I said I would review with them on Friday with a view to returning if they can't resolve.
I understand we all have our own networks and routers but i'd expect this to work out of the box with minimal port forwarding and not require hours of trouble shooting, it presentation of EZVIZ give you a picture of a few button clicks which is clearly not the case with this camera.
I agreed. The reason I bought this camera is that my friend has it so I figured if anything, he can help me (not), also I like the quality of the video and images.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have more than one camera connected in your network?

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And turn off upnp and see if it changes anything.. It shouldn't.. But hey try

keeper

n3wb
Reaction score
And turn off upnp and see if it changes anything.. It shouldn't.. But hey try

Yes, tried turning everything off on the network and rebooted router, no change.
The one conflict I found in the early days was my security system also used port 80 and I've moved both off the port.