Why isn't this particular camera not accessible outside of home network?

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you have uPnP enabled on the camera, it also has to be enabled on the router. Have you checked this?

Although, I prefer to keep uPnP disabled on the router as a security measure, it is just easier for people who don't fully understand networking.

What is the IP range of your network? IE 192.168.1.1/192.168.0.1 etc etc

It does seem like you have the camera on it's default set IP. Which is either within the routers DHCP pool, or outside of it. You can't have more than one device using a single IP address so make sure this is not an issue as well.

If the uPnP is working, check the routers settings as uPnp should have added the camera to the port forwarding list.

keeper

n3wb
Reaction score
If you have uPnP enabled on the camera, it also has to be enabled on the router. Have you checked this?

Although, I prefer to keep uPnP disabled on the router as a security measure, it is just easier for people who don't fully understand networking.

What is the IP range of your network? IE 192.168.1.1/192.168.0.1 etc etc

It does seem like you have the camera on it's default set IP. Which is either within the routers DHCP pool, or outside of it. You can't have more than one device using a single IP address so make sure this is not an issue as well.

If the uPnP is working, check the routers settings as uPnp should have added the camera to the port forwarding list.
Yes uPnP turn on on both - disabled and rebooted but made no difference.
The IP range is 192.168.1.64 - 192.168.1.253
I've also tried it on different IPs.

The only thing i can see that may be wrong is I never see the camera in the IP4 routing table in the router?
But i can connect to it and view it internally.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
can you add it manually then try that to start with to force the router. but it must undert5stand that it exist anyway if everything else is correct ...

keeper

n3wb
Reaction score
I've looked at the router, I can update its details and it appears in the port forwarding page.
The routing table has no options to update any setting, you can only refresh the page.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm sounds strange. If there is no firewall limitations or something

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Post screenshots of all settings if you want and we can have a look. Probably just some small stupid setting that is easy to forget

keeper

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, already turned the firewall off in the early days, also add blocker plug ins etc just to be sure, also tried it in Sarari and Firefox with the same results.
No matter which port i set it to the port test tool always reports the used port as closed, and my working network cams as open.
But if I use network utility on the Mac it says the ports are open...

keeper

n3wb
Reaction score
Post screenshots of all settings if you want and we can have a look. Probably just some small stupid setting that is easy to forget

They are already in post 14 of the thread, although as a test i have now disabled UNP as suggested just to be sure.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Stupid question but just confirm your gateway is 192.168.1.1? I got mine at 192.168.1.254

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Haha good it's always these small things that catch you. Too obvious to notice