Wi-Fi Doorbell Camera with RTSP and/or ONVIF

DrDeke

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking for a specific type of doorbell camera, and I have not been able to find one that meets my requirements, which are:
  1. Draws power from existing doorbell wiring / does not require any additional wiring
  2. Has a button which, when pressed, will ring the existing doorbell
  3. Connects via Wi-Fi
  4. Will (continuously) send video via RTSP (or HTTP or similar standard protocols)
It would also be nice if the camera were relatively inexpensive.

These are the only features I need, but I have not been able to find a camera which has all four/five of them.

For example, the Ring Video Doorbell Pro supports items 1-3 but (as far as I can tell), you cannot connect to it and pull a video stream via RTSP/HTTP/etc. At $250, it's not exactly inexpensive, but the price would probably be OK if it supported #4, which it does not.

Do any of you know of any cameras that have all four of these features? If you do, I would be really glad to hear about them.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am looking for a specific type of doorbell camera, and I have not been able to find one that meets my requirements, which are:
  1. Draws power from existing doorbell wiring / does not require any additional wiring
  3. Connects via Wi-Fi
  4. Will (continuously) send video via RTSP (or HTTP or similar standard protocols)

These are the only features I need, but I have not been able to find a camera which has all four/five of them.

For example, the Ring Video Doorbell Pro supports items 1-3 but (as far as I can tell), you cannot connect to it and pull a video stream via RTSP/HTTP/etc. At $250, it's not exactly inexpensive, but the price would probably be OK if it supported #4, which it does not.

Do any of you know of any cameras that have all four of these features? If you do, I would be really glad to hear about them.
See the threads discussing the Hikvision doorbell... It has his issues though and is not perfect... The newly-released dahua db11 might also be suitable for you but it has not been tested or reviewed here yet.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
  3. Connects via Wi-Fi

Welcome DrDeke...

If you're a prime member there is a deal on the uniden rebranded version of the Hikvision OEM doorbell camera... also at home depot
Uniden U-Bell Video Doorbell-DB1 - The Home Depot

Reaction score
  3. Connects via Wi-Fi
Same requirements here. Did you ever discover any candidates beyond those mentioned in the thread?