Wifi can't find the router

raytracer

n3wb
Reaction score
My HikVision can't find my router in wifi settings, and even if I manually type in SSID info, it still can't connect. Anyone had this issue?

So I got a new DS-2CD2032F-IW from ebay, the firmware is V5.3.0 build 150814 CCCH. Connected to ethernet, SADP to change ip to 192.168.1.150, as well as subnet mask, gateway, opened up IE and the camera works great under that ip address.

Then I followed Nelly's video here to set up wifi
Wifi search can't find my router, it only found my neighbors'. But I can access my router at 192.168.1.1 through the same PC, and all the phones and tablets connected to it just fine. It's wireless G+N. I tried to manually type in SSID, password, etc, and went to TCP/IP page to change the wan settings to DHCP off with the same static ip 192.168.1.150, saved, disconnect ethernet, rebooted the cam, still can't access it.

Then I tried to disable wireless N channel and keep only G, changed wifi channels, changed AES to TKIP, all didn't help.

I bought two of this and both have this issue. I did reset all the settings. Is there a compatibility issue with my router? It's a Linksys E3000 running tomato firmware.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you setup ip address filtering on your router at some point? if so it may be blocking the connection.

raytracer

n3wb
Reaction score
Just checked tomato firmware setting and ip filtering is not enabled. Also tried a couple different ip addresses, the same.
What else can cause this?

domelsnake

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you tried both 2.4GHz a well as 5GHz?

Maybe you broadcast your SSIDs on 5GHz but the cameras are compatible with 2.4GHz only... - just guessing here...

raytracer

n3wb
Reaction score
I did a reset of my router and now it works! Tracked down the cause and found that it's the wifi:auto/b only/g only/N only setting in tomato firmware. It was g only before. Once I switched to auto then problem solved. The camera shows it's connected through g. Not sure what's the difference.