Will this run BI

Noslo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have just got my hands on the following and just checking to see if you guys think it will run BI ok. (8 x 1080p Camera running 15 fps)

HP DL380 G7 server running 2012 R2
71 gb Ram
1 x Intel Xeon x5690 3.47ghz 6 cores 12 threads

Cheers
Noslo

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Remove the memory down to less than 20 gb.
For a start run all cameras direct to disk, with no additional processing, no motion detection. See what your cpu load is.
Then make sure it will successfully display the cameras.
Add features till ....

What type of disks, server disks cost ?

I would sell it for $100 if you can find a buyer, then get a good computer.

Last edited:

Noslo

n3wb
Reaction score
Got it for free. I have a current PC running BI with no issues. I wanted to combine my BI PC and a general apps PC into one. Might just keep my current BI PC.
Thanks for the advice.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Got it for free. I have a current PC running BI with no issues. I wanted to combine my BI PC and a general apps PC into one. Might just keep my current BI PC.
Thanks for the advice.
its not free...its costing you more to run in electricity than it would to spend 100 bux on a third generation i5-3570 machine. Than machine is not only worthless, its a liability.
you never want to using a general use pc as a vms...a vms should run on a dedicated machine.

Noslo

n3wb
Reaction score
The PSU in it are 460 watts and there are 2 of them. I was trying to consolidate a number of functions into one, but will just keep the BI PC stand alone.