Windows 10 error immediately on BI startup

ptzguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Apparently I copied an invalid IP address into the IP field when setting up a new camera. I've had this camera working before (earlier today and yesterday), but had been fine-tuning some parameters.

Now I get an error window: "Blue Iris Video Security and Webcam software has stopped working" as soon as BI intializes the window for the new camera. Five other camera windows open ok before the error.

I want to delete the invalid camera profile, but BI terminates before I can do any operations.

I thought I might find an external file that defines the camera, and delete it, but no luck with that.

This is my first post to this forum, so apologies if I've transgressed any forum rules.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum...entering an invalid ip should not cause crashing..if you are comfortable editing the windows registry, close BI, regedit, hkeylocalmachine>software>perspective soft>blue iris>cameras
delete the entry for the offending camera then restart blue iris

ptzguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Can't say I'm comfortable editing the registry, but I'll give it a try. I'm actually an old IT guy, but pretty much obsolete now.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Can't say I'm comfortable editing the registry, but I'll give it a try. I'm actually an old IT guy, but pretty much obsolete now.
back it up first.

ptzguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just did it. Piece 'o cake, and it worked! Thanks again.

Now... on to fix the original problem - the camera was working earlier, but then stopped for unknown reasons. Five other cameras (Amcrest POE) working ok. The camera I'm having trouble with is a Panasonic WV-SC385 PTZ.

ptzguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was already done before I saw your message to back it up first. Did you mean the registry? Or the Blue Iris config?

ptzguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you don't mind giving a little more advice, here's what's happening...

Panasonic WV-SC385 is defined but the display window shows SC385 No Signal
Camera works fine using Panasonic browser interface in IE 11
IP address in IE is 192.168.1.193 - same as in BI (port 80)
Make and Model for camera in BI: Panasonic, WV-SC
User and Password are correct

Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't mind giving a little more advice, here's what's happening...

Panasonic WV-SC385 is defined but the display window shows SC385 No Signal
Camera works fine using Panasonic browser interface in IE 11
IP address in IE is 192.168.1.193 - same as in BI (port 80)
Make and Model for camera in BI: Panasonic, WV-SC
User and Password are correct

Any ideas?
what is the cameras rtsp port? is that set properly in BI?

ptzguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know nothing about RTSP. I'll need to do some reading. I think I screwed things up by messing around with the H.264 definition in the camera config window. Not sure how it should be set, but I may try resetting the camera to factory defaults and go from there. I've been experimenting with settings without, in some cases, knowing what the implications are. Probably not a good idea when so many setting are involved.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I know nothing about RTSP. I'll need to do some reading. I think I screwed things up by messing around with the H.264 definition in the camera config window. Not sure how it should be set, but I may try resetting the camera to factory defaults and go from there. I've been experimenting with settings without, in some cases, knowing what the implications are. Probably not a good idea when so many setting are involved.
It should be set to basic h.264

ptzguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got it working! In the config window of the camera's internal software there are two separate H.264 definitions. I had turned one of them off. Just experimenting, but got me in trouble this time.
Thanks again for your help!
Now I'm going to read up on RTSP and H.264