Windows 10 Pro needs regular reboots

Homer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My BI server is also my Homeseer, DVBLink and Emby pc - Yes I know I should use a separate pc for BI !!
Anyway, I have found that I have to reboot it weekly, as it slows down to a crawl. I did a full re-install of Win10 Pro, and only installed the above four programs. It worked well for a time, but then went back to needing weekly reboots.

I haven't looked in to this to figure out what is slowing it down, but thought I would ask you gentlemen if you have suffered similar problems with Win10 Pro, and what you did to sort it out.

Clearly I should answer this myself by checking what is actually slowing the pc down. Unfortunately I only thought of that as it was rebooting again :smash:

Any general advice for streamlining Win10 Pro ?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Start by collecting a screen shot of the Windows task manager , memory, cpu, tasks. After a reboot. Then again very day, and again just before a reboot.

Looks like a resource problem, memory leak. It more than likely not a win 10 problem but a program problem...

Homer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I have started collecting screen shots. I will report back later in the week :goodpost:

It has 32GB of RAM, so a memory leak may take longer to bring this pc down than my other pc's. Time (and screen shots) will tell.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No it is not needed...you already know what you are doing incorrectly..

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is your cpu type ? What is your GPU?
Are you using hardware acceleration ?
If a newer Intel processor and using acceleration have you updated to the correct driver ?