windows repair after power failure

Alllfff

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, just starting with BI and wanted to make sure the systems is running well so read a lot of the forum threads here.

I have put in place all the performance tweaks and I have also set up a dedicated machine for BI that I have changed power failure behaviour in BIOS and set up the startup UAC functions etc...

Now I have tested it (power failure) to see where it gets without any input from me. The machine starts fine, but then windows tries to repair the disc and it ultimately gets to a screen where user input is required. Any tips avoiding this? Without this working all the other steps I have put in are useless...
Thank you so much for your help

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, just starting with BI and wanted to make sure the systems is running well so read a lot of the forum threads here.

I have put in place all the performance tweaks and I have also set up a dedicated machine for BI that I have changed power failure behaviour in BIOS and set up the startup UAC functions etc...

Now I have tested it (power failure) to see where it gets without any input from me. The machine starts fine, but then windows tries to repair the disc and it ultimately gets to a screen where user input is required. Any tips avoiding this? Without this working all the other steps I have put in are useless...
Thank you so much for your help
That is not normal...did you clean install windows using the ms media creation tool. Is this w10?

Alllfff

n3wb
Reaction score
Interestingly I have tried again and it worked. I will report back with more details or screen shots if it happens again. Thank you for your reply.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. The bi machine and Poe switches should be on a UPS. A person breaking in May be able to turn the power off to the house. On my system the bi computer is on a UPS and the Poe switches are on seperate UPSs. The systems will stay up about 25 minutes.