Wireless camera system recommendation.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay, before anyone chastises me, let me explain. My mom who is 80, and her husband, want a wireless camera system. One of the main reasons is because there is just no way of running cables, as everything is sealed up. Wireless is pretty much the only option. They don't want to spend an arm and a leg to get it set up, so wireless is an easy option. I know, wired is the best way to go, but they don't care.
Is there a wireless camera system, (4-6 cameras and an NVR) that anyone would suggest. I didn't use the word recommend, because I know most of you would not recommend anything like that. Please help if you do know of anything.
Thanks so much.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, before anyone chastises me, let me explain. My mom who is 80, and her husband, want a wireless camera system. One of the main reasons is because there is just no way of running cables, as everything is sealed up. Wireless is pretty much the only option. They don't want to spend an arm and a leg to get it set up, so wireless is an easy option. I know, wired is the best way to go, but they don't care.
Is there a wireless camera system, (4-6 cameras and an NVR) that anyone would suggest. I didn't use the word recommend, because I know most of you would not recommend anything like that. Please help if you do know of anything.
Thanks so much.
Hi @ingeborgdot

SouthernYankee brought up a great point.. how will you power these cameras?

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This whole idea is a joke. Forget it. Picture quality on any kind of long term battery powered camera is garbage. Reliability isn't as good, it just a terrible waste of money and time. There is literally no circumstances where wire can't be run. You just have to be creative and determined enough, or pay somebody who is.

I know its not the answer you want to hear. None of us want to hear it. But its the truth

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
How are you gonna do battery? Like the Arlo POS cameras where you have to take them down every few months and charge them? My in laws have them and they are garbage. My father in law saw my Dahua cams and asked me to replace all of his Arlos with hardwired cams.

Dont waste your time or money with battery powered wifi cams. That’s literally the worst camera you can buy.