Wireless ip cam

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The 2432 can do everything the the 3332 can do as far as H.264 and SMB/CIFS NAS capability...the pir sensor is really nice, plus it has a mic and speaker for audio...

Sakuji

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The 2432 can do everything the the 3332 can do as far as H.264 and SMB/CIFS NAS capability...the pir sensor is really nice, plus it has a mic and speaker for audio...
Well, I really didn't know that until now. Thanks for pointing that out.
Based on your experience or on what heard how do you compare their performance on low light? A friend a mine has both and the 25-feet long but narrow family room that initially has 2432 installed got replaced with a 3332 because of this issue. I'm planning to put a unit on my family room that is similar to his.

Now, I'm thinking of just biting the bullet and do it the "right" way, I might just do real NVR and POE so as to keep things simple. Can you suggest/list the exact other stuff that I need to operate a a basic set-up using this kit kit: 2 3332s + 3 2432s hiks + http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hikvision-DS-7104N-SN-P-with-4-Ethernet-ports-surveillance-DVR-NVR/1919007896.html. This is now new territory for me so pls bear with me. I do know basic ethernet cabling and have the material like cables, RJ45s, extra routers and switches but the rest of the stuff I don't have.

Thank you for your patience.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just want to clarify the the ir on the 2432 is only rated at 10m vs the 30m on the 3332...with the right settings it should be fine either way....i would sacrifice ir for the benefit of PIR, audio and sd card...
Also note that that cheap NVR only records 1080p max, so if you need to run 3mp then it wont work...there is always a trade off.

Sakuji

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just want to clarify the the ir on the 2432 is only rated at 10m vs the 30m on the 3332...with the right settings it should be fine either way....i would sacrifice ir for the benefit of PIR, audio and sd card...
Also note that that cheap NVR only records 1080p max, so if you need to run 3mp then it wont work...there is always a trade off.
Yeah, seeing your post and a couple more discussing the 2432 and it's flexibility helped me made up my mind. I just ordered 2 of the 2432s for indoor use and will just see how they perform and learn the curve first before I decide on the outdoor units.
You are right that the mentioned nvr might be inadequate for my purpose down the line. Do you have another unit in mind that is 3mb recording and reasonably priced?

Thanks

mrarms

n3wb
Reaction score
I wanted to install 3-4 wireless IP cams, how come the cheap software that comes with WANSCAM can do this but BI can not seems odd? All advice is appreciated good news or bad. Is it possible? I did see a youtube video where the user had about 4 wireless IP cams and it worked well.

Help me out please

Thank you

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I wanted to install 3-4 wireless IP cams, how come the cheap software that comes with WANSCAM can do this but BI can not seems odd? All advice is appreciated good news or bad. Is it possible? I did see a youtube video where the user had about 4 wireless IP cams and it worked well.

Help me out please

Thank you
If the cameras stay connected to the network and transmit a stream to blue iris then it will work..the problem is that wifi is not reliable whether you use blue iris or not...its got nothing to do with blue iris

mrarms

n3wb
Reaction score
I see thank you. I noticed when I logged into my router it is not static and changes it's ip every few days. I'll have to disable that or it will never work.