wish I would have left it alone

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello, I have dahua nvr with 5 cameras . everything was working great until I logged into a camera via config tool and web portal I made a change in the focus and logged out. I few hrs later I tried logging back into camera via config tool and web. and it says can't find it. all 5 cameras have the Highlighted E in blue. I can log into 3 of my 5 cameras but now asks me to install plug ins. I click the tab and it takes me to Microsoft NACL plug in. I select add to chrome and it says checking and nothing else happens. I have dahua plug ins installed from last month an I believe that was working. I can see all my cameras on smart PSS and all functions on smart Pss are available. question what plug in do I need and how do I install if different than dahua plug in, I was using a windows 10 however I have access to a Mac. I searched for configure tool for Mac and nothing works. Sorry for the rambling . any help would be appreciated

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Try rebooting the NVR?
You oughta be able to log into the web portal from inside the NVR.
I think rather than logging in from a pc with Configtool.
Is that what you did? when you say Config tool i think of the PC based software....Was that what caused the Hiccup?

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yes i have always used the pc to log into configure tool and then into each individual camera. yes i was using the pc software from dahua on my pc

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
plug in for old IE explorer works best. Usually edge opens up with IE also, but I just close edge.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score

lots of info under the NVR section of this forum also

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
follow up question I noticed several of the cameras do not have their serial number listed in the added device screen. the lights are all green. if I put in a bad password and than the correct password the serial number populates. Is this part of the problem or a new problem

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
4 ports are 1-4 and he 5th is labeled 37777. the 5th camera was labeled port 5 but switched to port 3777 when the issue arose

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ok got the ports to designate 1-5 . still running into block wall when logging into individual cameras asking for plug ins. crazy it was working fine on pc with plug ins installed and than wham o its asks for plug ins to be installed.still an issue downloading plug ins one step forward 2 steps backwards

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
special shout out to bigbredfish,flintstones61,dudemaar .hello thank you very much for walking me thru my camera issues. I was able to down load pale moon and than IE and the plug ins self loaded with a click of the mouse. everything is back to normal including my patiences.