Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

PLW

n3wb
Reaction score
I read the turret is a little larger for this camera, will it still mount using the DH-PFA200G?

Reaction score
having trouble getting this to 'authenticate' in synology surveillance. i can add it as an onvif camera, but then none of the AI smart detect features will work. can someone help getting it added correctly? @EMPIRETECANDY

i was able to add my 5442tZEs with no issue so but it does look like the web interface is different.

Last edited:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Y
having trouble getting this to 'authenticate' in synology surveillance. i can add it as an onvif camera, but then none of the AI smart detect features will work. can someone help getting it added correctly? @EMPIRETECANDY

i was able to add my 5442tZEs with no issue so but it does look like the web interface is different.
Yes remember this is running the latest Web GUI 5.0 vs the 5442T's running the older style

Kikoace

n3wb
Reaction score
I just replaced 2 5442's for the 4kt's.
Field of view is about the same @ 3.6mm
Max bitrate is 16384 Kb/s
Sharpness needs to be turned down, just like the 5442. Mine is at 20
Fits Pfb203w wall mount

I have to say this is a huge upgrade from the 5442, both for daytime and night.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I just replaced 2 5442's for the 4kt's.
Field of view is about the same @ 3.6mm
Max bitrate is 16384 Kb/s
Sharpness needs to be turned down, just like the 5442. Mine is at 20
Fits Pfb203w wall mount

I have to say this is a huge upgrade from the 5442, both for daytime and night.
Glad you like it. Yes as I showed in my review, the new FW (that is still in process) will use the settings and adjustments I proposed so should assist further as well

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

I think you better do all settings on webpage firstly then add to Synology. Synology is not doing very well these days, not update too fast to the latest new cams.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you better do all settings on webpage firstly then add to Synology. Synology is not doing very well these days, not update too fast to the latest new cams.
Yes do setup via web GUI including sub stream configs and access settings first and then try to connect to Synology. Same goes for QNAP as well. See if that helps

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
btw the webplugin that the default web portal tries to get you to download has a virus.... View attachment 140519
It is not a virus, rather it is whatever antivirus you are using has flagged it as a potential virus. Some programs look at the total number of users and below a certain number, it is flagged. These specialty type files get false positives all the time.

You can check the file with VirusTotal , an antivirus website owned by Google that runs it thru a lot of different antivirus algorithms.

Reaction score
so youre saying its a synology issue? i can see the SMD vehicle and human are working fine in the 4k camera log, however its not getting pushed into synology which is the problem.

the only thing that gets pushed to synology with this 4k cam now, is 'motion detected'

the 5442tze push those events just fine into synology like they should. how can i get the 4k cam to also send and mark the events as SMD vehicle or human?

see example (110FRF is this 4k cam; others are the 5442)

Screenshot_4.jpg