Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

Reaction score
here's an update from synology, so i think synology users will need help from dahua and @EMPIRETECANDY to get it to be fully functional. @EMPIRETECANDY have you worked with synology before on things like this?

We are not sure about seeing the "advanced event (IVS)" tab show on Synology even with the ONVIF camera setting.

ONVIF is a Generic way to set up cameras that are not on the support list. And not all cameras will work with ONVIF either.

This is very likely the result of some element of the camera's firmware being incompatible with the Surveillance Station and preventing the API calls for SMD smart events from working through the Surveillance Station. It is possible this may change in the future if Dahua changes something in its cameras that are compatible with Surveillance Station's SMD smart events functions, or if a future version of Surveillance Station supports the mechanisms/codecs that Dahua uses, but I would not be able to provide any kind of estimate as to whether this would happen or when it would take place.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
here's an update from synology, so i think synology users will need help from dahua and @EMPIRETECANDY to get it to be fully functional. @EMPIRETECANDY have you worked with synology before on things like this?

We are not sure about seeing the "advanced event (IVS)" tab show on Synology even with the ONVIF camera setting.

ONVIF is a Generic way to set up cameras that are not on the support list. And not all cameras will work with ONVIF either.

This is very likely the result of some element of the camera's firmware being incompatible with the Surveillance Station and preventing the API calls for SMD smart events from working through the Surveillance Station. It is possible this may change in the future if Dahua changes something in its cameras that are compatible with Surveillance Station's SMD smart events functions, or if a future version of Surveillance Station supports the mechanisms/codecs that Dahua uses, but I would not be able to provide any kind of estimate as to whether this would happen or when it would take place.
YES, just contact us directly via DM,we talk there.

KCXLT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I have the 4K Bullet running on Surveillance Station 9. I know they have different GUI's, but when I added mine it shows as Generic Dahua and the SMD and IVS show up in SS. The way I add the cameras now is to select "Add" and let SS find the cameras, then select it and go through the setup.

Hope it helps

Reaction score
I have the 4K Bullet running on Surveillance Station 9. I know they have different GUI's, but when I added mine it shows as Generic Dahua and the SMD and IVS show up in SS. The way I add the cameras now is to select "Add" and let SS find the cameras, then select it and go through the setup.

Hope it helps
Thank you ive tried with the bullet and it works. This new turret though ive tried all different ways and it doesnt

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Also a quick note. Definitely, 100%, without question (did I make the point strong enough ?) default your 4K-T to out of the box settings before and after applying the new FW (if you are trying the one that Andy just tagged me on). This is important more so with this than other FW because a lot of the settings, changes and algorithm adjustments that I’ve had Dahua work on for this one impact across the board including PQ and image settings, noise etc.

Therefore I’ll say again, default your camera settings (fully) before trying this one and then make any final adjustment or tweaks to FOV AFTER applying the new FW.

I’m going back to make sure this new FW includes all my suggested changes and will report back but just wanted to make the above clear for all.
Thanks

BelMa

n3wb
Reaction score
...This new turret though ive tried all different ways and it doesnt
Same here: only ONVIF connection can be established from Surveillance Station, Generic_Dahua profile doesn't authenticate.

By the way, I'm having the same problem with another recent Dahua cam, the DH-SD2A500-GN-A-PV. In this case, I can authenticate using Generic_Dahua, but Surveillance Station can't get the camera capabilities, so I've to use ONVIF. Dahua support tested directly the camera and they admitted that Generic_Dahua doesn't work.

Seems that Dahua has internally changed something in some of last models that conflicts with Surveillance Station calls.

Pimp2000

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same problem with connecting to Synology Survailance Station.
So I looked for a similar camera model on the Dahua website and simply specified this model. So the camera was found and I was able to load the camera settings.

Screenshot 2022-09-23 135250.jpgScreenshot 2022-09-23 135331.jpg

What I have not managed is the area detection. This is always fully activated after each restart of the Synology or edit the resolution (area 1 red). Here I have to select the area again and again. Does anyone know a solution?

Screenshot_20220923-141049_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220923-141059_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This have to ask Synology to update their support list, i can do some support for it, i already send the API and other file to @Lostrockets , he will submit to Synology , we hope they can make it work. There has too many 3rd party software on the market. Because the 3rd party software we are hard to control. If need any adjustment also very hard to push them to work it out.
So we recommend new users to use our NVR or BI priority. Later our another new camera IPC-Color4K-B180 ePTZ function will be supported by our NVR only.

BelMa

n3wb
Reaction score
So I looked for a similar camera model on the Dahua website and simply specified this model
Oopps ! Yes, this works, thanks for reminding me this basic tip.

About the detection area, I always use the in-camera option for less process on Syno side.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Also a quick note. Definitely, 100%, without question (did I make the point strong enough ?) default your 4K-T to out of the box settings before and after applying the new FW (if you are trying the one that Andy just tagged me on). This is important more so with this than other FW because a lot of the settings, changes and algorithm adjustments that I’ve had Dahua work on for this one impact across the board including PQ and image settings, noise etc.

Therefore I’ll say again, default your camera settings (fully) before trying this one and then make any final adjustment or tweaks to FOV AFTER applying the new FW.

I’m going back to make sure this new FW includes all my suggested changes and will report back but just wanted to make the above clear for all.
Thanks
Just updating that I'm glad to state that YES, Dahua has implemented the majority of changes and fixes I sent them to PQ, image, back end algorithms, AGC adjustments, bitrate and the bugs I listed. This has resulted in a very nice (IMO) FW that does transform this camera further and to the place I showed in my review. I even worked with them on tweaks to the underlying sensors with regards to noise and have seen those changes have also been made to the production models and addressed both HW and FW which is good news for all. Still some things to do and I'll keep working those but overall this is VERY SOLID and I'm proud of the work we've done to get this FW corrected. @EMPIRETECANDY, this one now looks much better as I mentioned so please pass my thanks to the Dahua engineering team for working with me on all of my changes, requests, updates and improvements !

I've pushed this SOC and cam to the limits with these updates but I think, hope you'll find the results look real good.

Just remember all that as I said above, DEFINITEYLY, 100%, FULLY DEFAULT your 4K-T before and after applying this one to reap the benefits.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anybody else have problems watching the 4k camera in Blue iris on iOS when the camera resolution is set to 3840x2160? I click on the camera, it just spins forever and never loads (though I do see video showing when its just thumbnail view showing all my cameras) the only way I get it to work is to change the camera resolution to lower (such as 3MP or 1920x1080...)

Reaction score
Anybody else have problems watching the 4k camera in Blue iris on iOS when the camera resolution is set to 3840x2160? I click on the camera, it just spins forever and never loads (though I do see video showing when its just thumbnail view showing all my cameras) the only way I get it to work is to change the camera resolution to lower (such as 3MP or 1920x1080...)
i should mention, it shows fine in the web server (in web browser on PC) its just on iPad or iPhones