Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Issue 6 seems to be a matter of bad camera focusing. Your 4K-X looks like it is soft at infinity. The 4K-T looks fine.
Yep exactly, this is why one of the key things I’m having Dahua focus on (see what I did there ;)) is the calibration of the lens and focus point as well

Last edited:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Interested to see night performance on this model
Yes I'll be doing my usual full rundown but will wait for the next FW release and update from Dahua on the issues before doing it. With the issues currently on the pre-production model it would not do it justice or give any of us the right expectation in its current state in my opinion.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Like the disco floor on the grass! Hopefully fixed in the FW Update.

Also, I noticed straight away the poor focus. Could be a DOF issue as doesn't look too bad close to the camera so maybe the focal point is just wrong. Hopefully can be fixed and hopefully not the lens. Looks a little contrasty too although side by side with the 4KT, doesn't look to be a lot of difference. Showing pormise.

Reaction score
You aren't kidding. That was almost painful to watch. I guess that's why it's called "pre-production".

Like the disco floor on the grass! Hopefully fixed in the FW Update.

Also, I noticed straight away the poor focus. Could be a DOF issue as doesn't look too bad close to the camera so maybe the focal point is just wrong. Hopefully can be fixed and hopefully not the lens. Looks a little contrasty too although side by side with the 4KT, doesn't look to be a lot of difference. Showing pormise.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
You aren't kidding. That was almost painful to watch. I guess that's why it's called "pre-production".
Great thing is by getting early pre production units we get to influence the better end product (HW & SW) which hopefully leads to a better experience for all of us :)

I appreciate @EMPIRETECANDY and Dahua working on this with me and look forward to the next release for testing which I hear is now in process of being worked by Dahua.

will update when I have the new release in hands

Steviedee

n3wb
Reaction score
Very keen to see how this camera, with updated firmware progresses. Early days, but looks like it has potential to be a fantastic camera. If it performs well, certainly will be on my wish list.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The 1st Beta firmware will be ready this Friday, will send to @Wildcat_1 to make a fast testing, will make sure the new batch use this good fw. So not too hurry, we plan to sell in Sep.
And this time this model will come with a gift box, maybe good gift for friends and families, lol. Camera body still not have any logo. It's ugly that cam body has a logo. :)

1660642065669.jpeg

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
As Andy mentioned (@EMPIRETECANDY), Dahua has confirmed they should have the new FW to me soon. I'm looking forward to seeing bug fixes and additional requirements I reported, implemented. Will test as soon as I have this in hand. In the meantime I put together a video comparing specs to the 4K-X bullet variant (same 2.8mm version) and also a visual comparison to other Dahua turrets for size etc. In this video I also demonstrate how to mount and how the turret looks when using a PFA-122 (that I recommend a lot) as well as the FPA-130E. Video below for continued reference and will add to Post #2 as well. I will also be working on the Web GUI 5.0 walkthrough as well. Remember to choose 4K res on the video as always.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
You show the illumination distance to be greater (60 meters) for the turret with 2 leds than that of the bullet (50 meters) with 4 leds (the latter including one set designated as far). If correct, not all that important since most probably won't be relying on it anyway and the practical difference will be small. Just seems unusual.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
You show the illumination distance to be greater (60 meters) for the turret with 2 leds than that of the bullet (50 meters) with 4 leds (the latter including one set designated as far). If correct, not all that important since most probably won't be relying on it anyway and the practical difference will be small. Just seems unusual.
Yes, I updated the specs where I've tested already (such as Close Focus Distance) being accurate in my real world testing. The Illumination distance is currently from the Dahua specs BUT I will adjust once I have the new FW and test in real world for night testing. Yes this one jumped out to me as well :)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks to @Wildcat_1 follow up and fantastic video explain the mounts installation. It's a pain for newbie. :)
I am plan black color later if the white one work well, will have 2.8mm, 3.6mm lens now, but 6mm will wait a little later.

Last edited:

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Color4K-T only have built in Mic only? No more built in speaker like the Color4k-X?

But Max 512 GB MicroSD card support is nice for those who only want to use SD card for
recording or just started playing with security cameras with no dedicated PC or NVR.